Hamilton Khaki Field vs. Hamilton Khaki King - Page 4
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Hamilton Khaki Field vs. Hamilton Khaki King

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Re: Hamilton Khaki Field vs. Hamilton Khaki King

I have both. I would start with the King, purchase it in bracelet and get your leather and NATOs after. Overall, for looks and practicality, I'd say its the most versatile watch of the two.

Bracelet and leather for some classiness, NATO to field it down.

After a little time, grab a 38mm field and you will be set. Both are definately worth having.

But...I'd start with the king.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    Toooooooonyyy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BrentYYC View Post
    I have one of each, with the King being on a brown strap with deployment clasp and the Field on a black Nato. The King with brown strap is a beautiful combo, and like 3th3r says, the way they dealt with the day complication is very nice, imo.

I prefer the King over the Field because it looks a little dressier with the day/date windows. It's also slightly larger (40mm vs 38mm), and I find that with my watch sizes trending up over the past few years I never wear the Field anymore because it seems small to me now.

Attachment 622264
    Where did you get your deployment clasp from? That's exactly what I'm looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by brash47 View Post
    I have both. I would start with the King, purchase it in bracelet and get your leather and NATOs after. Overall, for looks and practicality, I'd say its the most versatile watch of the two.

Bracelet and leather for some classiness, NATO to field it down.

After a little time, grab a 38mm field and you will be set. Both are definately worth having.

But...I'd start with the king.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    Interesting game plan. I like them both; currently have the king. Not sure I could see myself owning both though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Has anyone replaced the crystal on their 38 auto? I saw that CrystalTimes is now selling a double domed sapphire with blue AR made specifically for this watch. Just curious if it makes the piece more watch and less wrist mirror.

https://crystaltimes.net/shop/all/ha...kf-38mm/ct098/

https://youtu.be/BXtwFFf9mf0

Quote Originally Posted by Artblue2004 View Post
    Interesting game plan. I like them both; currently have the king. Not sure I could see myself owning both though.

I have the Khaki 42mm version and love it so much that I'm getting the King next.
    "Man's mind is his basic tool of survival. Life is given to him, survival is not." -John Galt

Quote Originally Posted by Subvet642 View Post
    I have the Khaki 42mm version and love it so much that I'm getting the King next.
    That's funny. I have the King and love it so much that I'm getting the khaki 38mm next!
    I had the Jazzmaster Viewmatic in line, but the Field will be bumping it for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Toooooooonyyy View Post
    That's funny. I have the King and love it so much that I'm getting the khaki 38mm next!
    I had the Jazzmaster Viewmatic in line, but the Field will be bumping it for now.
    Anyone in this thread owned the Khaki Field and a Sinn 556? I love my Khaki King, but was considering trading it for a 38mm Field Auto. Have also been lusting after a 556i for a while now. Hard to justify 3x the price of the Khaki, but I do find the (extremely simple) dial to be completely mesmerizing.

Just curious if anyone has had the opportunity to compare them in person. I think I may keep the King, acquire the 556i and then see what happens from there.

CrazyCat likes this.

Sounds like the King would be a good starting place.

Yes I do know that I'm answering to a post that was created in 2012, now that I got that out of the way.
    I know everyone is different, but in my eyes, if you are into field watches you will ultimately end up with both. The Khaki King wears a tad bigger but this is what you want, diversity. Speaking for myself my collection consists of dive watches and field watches. I wear my dive watches for several days then I switch over to my field watches due to me becoming restless of what I'm wearing. I do think that most os us are like that and this is why I recommend that both be within your collection.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information