2824 issue

Thread: 2824 issue

2824 issue

Who heard of this failure of a 2824 movement- when manually winding, the rotor spins like mad.

What causes this failure, what is the repair, and is this a weak area of the 2824 movement?

Re: 2824 issue

Quote Originally Posted by Zavato View Post
    Who heard of this failure of a 2824 movement- when manually winding, the rotor spins like mad.

What causes this failure, what is the repair, and is this a weak area of the 2824 movement?
    Zavato,

Try this thread: https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthr...ighlight=rotor

I left my watch as is. Jörg said the watch was fine, and I have found that to be true. I haven't seen the rotor spinning while winding for the last few months. The watch has always been +0.5 to +1.0 seconds per day from the day I got it, and still is. All is well.

Rick

Re: 2824 issue

Well, I actually experienced this first handed on my G.O. Senator Navigator Cal. 39 movement.

I would "flick" my wrist sometimes and the rotor will spin like there is no tomorrow to the point that it is kind of like the famous Valjoux 7750 wobble.

I sent it back to the factory since it was still under warranty after the service and it is perfectly fine now.

I've asked but the factory team did not tell me what would cause this problem.

Just want to show the other members that this "crazy rotor spinning" does happen to other movements as well.

Tommy

Thread Information