8 inch wrist

Thread: 8 inch wrist

8 inch wrist

I’ve just received an email from Stowa regarding the strap for my MO Durowe order. They want my wrist measurement and suggested using a strip of paper to establish the length.

After walking around for a few hours like this, looking like a hospital in-patient, I removed it to measure. It was a surprise to find the comfortable length was 203mm (8 inches).

For the last few months I’ve been reading on here about 6 inch wrists and the suitability of large watches. I’d never considered that I had a large wrist and was expecting around 6½”.

Checking the strap on an old deceased watch, I’ve not worn a watch for around three years, confirmed that the 8” measurement was correct. I like my straps reasonably slack but even tight I’m getting 193mm.

I’m wondering just what an ‘average’ wrist measurement is?

Re: 8 inch wrist

"Average" would be hard to pin-point. An 8 inch wrist is definitely on the bigger side of average though. I have to hunt for longer straps and ensure that bracelets come with all the links. I'm particular about lug to lug dimensions and dislike the way integrated straps sometimes fit my wide wrist.

Most men seem to fall somewhere between 6 - 8 inches though (we are talking about wrists right??) and woman seem to range between 5 - 7 inches. There are days I wish my wrist fell closer to 7 inches though... There is a whole range of 40 - 42mm watches that I'd love to own but they just look too small on my wrist.
    Steve R
    bunch of watches...

My wrists are 8.5", so I would love for Stowa to make larger versions of their Antea line.. Most watches looks to small on my wrists, which excludes alot of nice watches.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I've got the opposite problem as you all. I've got 6.5" or so wrists so if a watch is longer than 48mm or so lug to lug then it hangs over the edges of my wrist. That means I can't wear the vast majority of cool watches that are being produced today as most are in 42mm+ size.

Quote Originally Posted by northman_83 View Post
    My wrists are 8.5", so I would love for Stowa to make larger versions of their Antea line.. Most watches looks to small on my wrists, which excludes alot of nice watches.

Hi northman,

did you try the ANTEA on your wrist already?

Volker

No, I havent.

Although I know its almost all dial, I have a very flat wrist. I measured now, its 6,5 cm across. So, my other watch, a DA36, looks like a island there. Its not filling up the wrist.. which is what I want.

Tomorrow afternoon I will meet with a friend whose wrist is more than 6,5 cm.
    Then I will shoot some pics with Anteas and show them here.

Volker

My friend couldn't visit me, he had to do a double shift at work.
    So I remembered my own left arm (with a 6,4 cm wide wrist) and took some pics :

Even the small (35,5 mm diameter) Antea KS fits this 6,4 cm wrist without looking ridiculously:

If you don't consider a difference of 0,1 cm (your's 6,5 cm vs. my 6,4 cm wrist) a "real difference", you can wear any of those Anteas - with a strap or with a bracelet.

You only have to be a little bit patiently............till it arrives,

Volker

Ps: Here are some more pics (scroll down to bottom of page):
    Vintage Non-Pforzheim

Thread Information