Advice on Stowa Antea
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Advice on Stowa Antea

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advice on Stowa Antea

Hi there

I have been looking for a simple, white / silver faced watch for a while now and seriously considered the Marine Automatic ( not yet out the frame ), but I keep on going back to the Antea - it would be a nice change from my other watches and I like the design - bit of a classic etc...

I am just torn between the 365 and 390 for the automatic versions and still a little drawn by the hand wound, 'original' model.

All my watches have been arund the 40mm size and I am both concerned that the 365 will be too small ( 7 1/4 " wrist ) and that the 39mm may look a little large, being mostly dial - my Fortis PP Day / Date is similarly all dial but being a matt black perhaps wears smaller than the Antea would.

Could anyone advise on the choice in this range and how large each of the models wears?

Many thanks

Whiff

Minutes are the Milestones of Aviation - Fred, in 'Fools and Birds Fly'

Re: Advice on Stowa Antea

I have a 7 1/4" wrist and to me the 365 is far too small and the 39mm is about right - but I like them more around 42-44mm for my wrist.
    Current
    IWC Portuguese Chrono - 371401
    Eterna Matic Centenaire 1956 - 544-1429
    Jaeger LeCoultre 1942 - 2907
    Seiko Diver Auto - SKXA35
    Flieger 46mm - Custom Auto
    Emporio Armani

Prometheus OD GMT
    Meistersinger 01
    Helson Bronze Shark Diver 45mm Bronze bezel
    Jaeger LeCoultre Grande Reverso Ultra Thin

Past
    Breitling Chrono Avenger - 562
    Rolex Date 1970 - 1500
    Corum $20 Coin Watch 1987 - 5514556
    Stowa Marine Auto Date

If you use the search function - there are many threads on the issue of size - and worries potential purchasers have.
    The consensus is usually that size doesn't matter - that Stowa's wear larger than their dimensions suggest, due to their ultra thin bezels.

I have a 7.5" (19cms) wrist.

My recently purchased Antea LS

At only 35.5mm it should be too small but actually it's perfect.
    ctyree0 likes this.
    Antea Black (Date - Milanaise Bracelet)
    Antea Creme COSC (No Date - Blued Hands)
    Antea KS
    Black Forest Flieger LE
    Flieger B-Uhr
    Flieger 2801 LE

Marine 2801 HW
    Marine Original
    Chrono 1938 Black
    Seatime Blue (ProDiver Bezel)
    Seatime WUS LE
    70's Quartz,
    Vintage PUW

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I was worried about the size of the KS being too small on my 7.5" wrist but I really enjoy wearing it and love it for its lack of bulk. All of my other watches are 40-42mm and I have no issues going back and forth. The long lugs and slim bezel make it wear much larger than the numbers would make you think, here's a wrist shot:

NikAlex likes this.

Wow - thanks both for the wrist shots - they certainly don't apear too small at all and from seeing these, I feel that I am leaning toward the smaller 365 model - it would make a nice change from wearing my larger watches, especially as it will be primarily a dress piece for me. Thanks for the input - and they look great, by the way :)

Well - my mind's made up - after much deliberation over initially, the Stowa Marine and then, the Antea 390 and 365, I've set my mind on the beautiful 365 - a brave move really, since I have worn nothing smaller than 39mm in the last 7 years, though 39mm / 40mm seems about right for me and I dislike the larger watches, finding even 42mm a bit uncomfortable, so the 365 with its large dial will probably feel fine and a nice change from my other watches. I haven't 'pulled the trigger' yet, but I'm looking forward to it!

Quote Originally Posted by whifferdill View Post
    Hi there

I have been looking for a simple, white / silver faced watch for a while now and seriously considered the Marine Automatic ( not yet out the frame ), but I keep on going back to the Antea - it would be a nice change from my other watches and I like the design - bit of a classic etc...

I am just torn between the 365 and 390 for the automatic versions and still a little drawn by the hand wound, 'original' model.

All my watches have been arund the 40mm size and I am both concerned that the 365 will be too small ( 7 1/4 " wrist ) and that the 39mm may look a little large, being mostly dial - my Fortis PP Day / Date is similarly all dial but being a matt black perhaps wears smaller than the Antea would.

Could anyone advise on the choice in this range and how large each of the models wears?

Many thanks

Whiff
    I have the same wrist size as you and I too was worried. When I opened the box to look at my KS I was pleasantly surprised that 35mm wasn't all that small.

Beautiful! I have no qualms on size now, but the situation has become even more complicated since going back and looking at the Nomos Tangente! I do like a date feature and obvioulsy the price of the Stowa is as attractive as the watch, but then so is the movement and even more minimalist dial of the Tangente - why are these things never simple?

Don't forget the complete Stowa package... superb customer service, hell even this forum.
    I've heard many good things about Nomos watches but nothing about their back-up, their customer service etc etc
    Antea Black (Date - Milanaise Bracelet)
    Antea Creme COSC (No Date - Blued Hands)
    Antea KS
    Black Forest Flieger LE
    Flieger B-Uhr
    Flieger 2801 LE

Marine 2801 HW
    Marine Original
    Chrono 1938 Black
    Seatime Blue (ProDiver Bezel)
    Seatime WUS LE
    70's Quartz,
    Vintage PUW

Thanks - I'm set with the 365 now - and I'm actually a fan of the 2824 - very robust and reliable.

Worth getting the chronometer or not? Anyone?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information