Airman Auto LE vs. Airman Auto No Logo

Thread: Airman Auto LE vs. Airman Auto No Logo

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Airman Auto LE vs. Airman Auto No Logo

Does anybody know if there is a difference in the Stowa Airman Automatic Limited Edition and the current production Airman Automatic No Logo other than the limited edition engraving on the side of the LE?
    Thanks

stuffler,mike

Re: Airman Auto LE vs. Airman Auto No Logo

To own one of a run of 80 makes the difference. And for sure the engraving on the rotor is different (Jub 80/2007 vs. FL/OL/AUT).
    Attached Images Attached Images

That is what i expected from the information I was able to gather on the web. It surprises me that Stowa doesnt do more custom work on the LE models to make them stand out further from the rest - not that i dont appreciate the quality of their standard offerings.

Thanks for the explanation and photos.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

stuffler,mike

Well, to each his own. There are a lot of LE and special editions - for example with Durowe or Omega movements. Not to mention the LO und MO limited editions. Maybe you should take into consideration that the Airman Auto LE was made just to celebrate Stowa´s 80th Anniversary.

Stowa Seatime LE No. 73/75

Only the dial differs from serial Seatime watches. But nevertheless this one is unique.

Quote Originally Posted by inlanding View Post
    It appears to me nearly all the LE models are different enough to set them apart from standard high-quality production.

Perhaps you could provide very specific detail(s) as to your expectations regarding differentiation of the Limited Edition pieces?
    Fair enough. I must first admit I am a bit of a watch novice, but my expectation of a limited edition anything would be to have it more highly decorated, finished or improved in someway over the standard offering, not just labeled and numbered as limited edition. Perhaps, the Airman No Logo was not in the plans when the limited edition model was released or the demand for the LE led to the No Logo. I suppose if you look at is as just in -introduction to a new offering- limited edition piece it makes sense.
    Last edited by neely; June 21st, 2008 at 18:22. Reason: further explanation

stuffler,mike

The Airman No Logo was on the wish list of a lot of WIS and consequently the right transformation from a LE to a serial watch like it has been with the Seatime and Prodiver, first the LE, the series watch later. The Antea first came out as a LE with an ETA 2660 and later became an automatic watch.

Take the Stowa Exima LE...

...and the series watch

I would love one an Exima with the Omega caliber or the Antea with a Durowe movement.
    ToddH

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." Albert Einstein

There are no differences physically? I mean size-wise regarding the case? I notice that the casebacks are different, but is there anything else?

The Airman Auto No Logo is 40mm, I thought the LE was 41.

stuffler,mike

Quote Originally Posted by eb23air View Post
    There are no differences physically? I mean size-wise regarding the case? I notice that the casebacks are different, but is there anything else?

The Airman Auto No Logo is 40mm, I thought the LE was 41.
    You are talking about the Airman Original LE (case indeed 41mm), we are talking about the Airman Auto LE 80th Anniversary. Got it ?

Hi ya-all,

I've just acquired an Airman Limited Edition that I missed when it was still on the "signing up for the reserve list" phase. After a year of wait, I finally got my hand on one of this Limited Edition one. To me, it is more of sentimental value plus the difference you've already know with the production model (and there are two straps - one brown and one black, both are "Old Style.")

Seeing the year you've lived through engraved on the side of your watch mean something to me. Especially that particular year brings up all kinds of memories. With a watch in regular production that saves you some bucks here and there would not contribute to any of these values.

My grail watch is the FO LE. My buddy and I were seeking for this same watch at the same time and he had got his and now is in waiting to be delivered. I envy him so much!! I own a MO LE and each time I look at the dial I feel it worths every pennies more than the regular production MO. Some will says why fight with the rush and other people wanted to be on the list to get one while you can save money to buy a regular production one? Then I would have to say this to you:

Own one and you would understand.

IMHO, every Limited Edition probably would be applied under the same statement here.

To all the owners of Stowa LEs, wear yours in great health. And to the maker of them all, well done, Herr Schauer.

Cheers.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information