Airman - cant make up my mind. help

Thread: Airman - cant make up my mind. help

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Airman - cant make up my mind. help

Greetings All

I am about to purchase an Airman but I cannot make up my mind

Its out of the Airman Auto without Date/Logo or the Airman Auto with Date/Logo

Are there any differences between the two. I mean apart from the Silver Rotor on the Auto wo/Date&Logo. Are the hands and the Dial numbers exactly the same?

This watch will be something I wear when out in casual (jeans, shirt) and when at work in a suit. Wondering which would fit the bill. I cant afford the Airman Original and I dont think they sell it anymore as its not on the website.

Thank you all for your input

Re: Airman - cant make up my mind. help

Both have the same movement/finishing. Both will be reliable and should be similarly accurate.

Some like it with logo, some don't. I believe only you can decide on that. If you are still unsure, flip a coin. You can't go wrong with either outcome! Order that Airman!

Earlier this month my Airman Auto with logo arrived. I didn't want to pay the premium to skip the logo. I also opted not to have the date, because it's one more thing to set or mess up when I'm traveling and changing the time zones. I also have two other automatics with dates.

It wears like a bigger watch, which is a little problem on my scrawny wrist, but I'm getting used to it. However, I find it to be the easiest watch to read I've ever encountered and the lume is fantastic. I've only had it a few weeks, and I've noticed people from quite a few feet away able to read my watch.

I had heard the quality was superb and just handling the watch proves that point. The customer service and ordering process was also exceptionally good.

Whichever you choose, you really can't go wrong with the watch or the company.

Jonathan A

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'd go with no date and no logo if I were you. But of course I'm not. Buy what you like.

I like the sterile dial.

i went with the no-logo/no-date. it's my daily wearer.

now i miss the date... sure, i can check the date by looking at my cellphone, but my eyes automatically glance to the watch first. kinda annoying... just a bit. :)

maybe a no-logo with date?

cheers!

stuffler,mike

Same qurstion has been discussed again and again (try our search function). It comes down to a very personal decision. I´d always go for a dial design which is close to the WW II watches, no logo, no date though. If you need a date (for business reasons) well, go for a date then.

Quote Originally Posted by kavayah View Post
    I mean apart from the Silver Rotor on the Auto wo/Date&Logo.
    Note that the rotor is German Silver, not Silver. German Silver is another name for a nickel/copper (and possibly zinc) alloy with a silver like appearance.

no logo.

Quote Originally Posted by kavayah View Post
    Greetings All

I am about to purchase an Airman but I cannot make up my mind

Its out of the Airman Auto without Date/Logo or the Airman Auto with Date/Logo

Are there any differences between the two. I mean apart from the Silver Rotor on the Auto wo/Date&Logo. Are the hands and the Dial numbers exactly the same?

This watch will be something I wear when out in casual (jeans, shirt) and when at work in a suit. Wondering which would fit the bill. I cant afford the Airman Original and I dont think they sell it anymore as its not on the website.

Thank you all for your input

You can't go wrong with either one. Love the Stowa. I find the date on a watch quite frequently handy, but not on a Stowa Flieger.

If you need a watch with a date and you like Flieger style watches - then you have your answer.

Whatever you decide - you have to post some images of that beauty once it's on your wrist!

Glen

I like the date and logo. I often use my watch to check the date. I don't put much emphasis on historical accuracy, either. There are already a bunch of compromises no matter which model you choose (e.g., brushed case, smaller case, exhibition back, automatic movement), so adding a date isn't that critical.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information