Airman: To logo, or not to logo

Thread: Airman: To logo, or not to logo

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Airman: To logo, or not to logo

Hi Guys,

I ordered my first Stowa - an Airman w/o logo - yesterday. It was intended to be a Xmas present to myself, but Regine contacted me this morning to say the no-logos are delayed through mid-January.

So...should I hold out, or just go for one with logo, which is cheaper and available immediately?

Do you think it makes much of an aesthetic difference?

Thanks again,

Chad

Re: Airman: To logo, or not to logo

I like the logo for a couple of reasons.

First, it's a tastefully done logo that's remained pretty consistent throughout Stowa's history. There's a classic appeal to it, so I think it looks nice on the dial.

Second, even with the logo, the Airman dial is pretty stark in its simplicity. I like the way the logo occupies some of the space and makes the face a little more interesting. So to answer your question, yes, the logo does make an aesthetic difference (and in my view, a positive one).

Purists will say the more historically accurate look would be to ditch the logo. But I wasn't looking for the most historically accurate watch I could get. I needed a date, so I got it; I wanted the logo, so I got it; and I wanted a rivetless strap, so I got it. Even with all these "non-traditional" features, I still think the watch is a classic knockout.

But whatever you do, get the watch you like. It can last you a lifetime, so what's an extra two weeks or so to wait for it?

Edit: P.S. My watch was supposed to be available in the middle of December, but I got mine on December 2nd. You never know . . . the one you ordered might come faster than you think.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by Hansch99; December 4th, 2008 at 15:14.

Good things come to those who wait...

The sterile dial is spectacular, as is the finished movement and silver rotor which gives it even more unique appeal over and above the standard logo version. Some like the minimalist design, some don't.

Give it some time. Anticipation is part of the fun for such a fabulous watch, plus you've already ordered it and you can enjoy Xmas again, early in 2009.

Glen

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I waited over 4 months to get my Airman without logo. Part of the reason was that I asked for a specific serial number and they had to send out for it.

If I am correct, the orginal Airmans that I have seen and even the Big Pilot from IWC (orginal version) was without logo.

Eitherway, its a good choice. Enjoy.

I am very happy w/ my airman auto w/ logo..it's discrete and IMO doesn't detract from watch face.

I'd wait for the non-logo. But then, I do really like the wannabe-authentic look (if you're a real ass about it, you need to wear the 55mm remember that). If that's not an issue for you, well - the sooner you get your watch the happier you'll be

I agree- you are picking STOWA because you like the overall company and its build so to have it on the face is about right! I dont see that the airman in any version is available december? that is great if so, on the thread it shows january end

To me it's not a question of logo or no logo. I like the logo. I can not see replacing the 6 with a date though. I mean look at the lume shot below (not my watch).

I really like the onion as well. Unfortunately they do not offer this configuration any more as far as I know.

Grails

My Short List:

• Halios Laguna
    • Antea 390 A 10
    • Longines "Legend Diver"
    • Vintage Tudor Snowflake
    • Vintage Omega Seamaster 300M
    • Omega Aqua Terra Seamaster Railmaster 2806.52.37

I appreciate the Stowa comments, guys. I just ordered mine last nite with logo and no date....I, too, liked the great lume!
    I think mine will be coming in January.....We'll see. If not, for my February birthday will suit me just fine!
    I'm really excited in looking forward to this present to myself!

Quote Originally Posted by jaypetermen View Post
    To me it's not a question of logo or no logo. I like the logo. I can not see replacing the 6 with a date though. I mean look at the lume shot below (not my watch).

I really like the onion as well. Unfortunately they do not offer this configuration any more as far as I know.
    I just ordered a no date with onion crown yesterday. You just have to specify when you order.
    autos: Hamilton navy pioneer(sold), stowa partitio, precista prs-22, stowa airman(sold), stowa antea 365, marathon sar(sold), vostok amphibian(sold), black mako(sold), seiko 5 military, sinn 556a

quartz: maurice lacroix, swiss army field, wenger swiss military 2912x, marathon tsar, 2 mudmen, gulfman, breitling colt

hand wind: 1963 seagull chrono(sold), stowa partitio, helbros

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information