Airman No Logo/COSC Arrives!

Thread: Airman No Logo/COSC Arrives!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thumbs Up Airman No Logo/COSC Arrives!

Wow! What a sweet watch, and well worth the wait.

The Fedex box arrived in one piece. Inside was an amazing silver briefcase, in which was my new Airman No Logo COSC. The unboxing experience rivaled Cupertino's best

I was worried that the watch would wear large, but it is the perfect size. I'm not sure about the band--love how it looks, but it is either a bit loose or a bit tight. I'm open to alternative suggestions....

Love the presentation back. I am guilty of taking this watch off my wrist just to watch all the spinning gears do their thing. Fun! Of course, the lume is amazing. The thing that I love best is the lovely blued hands. A small detail, unseen to most but one that speaks to Jorg's attention to detail and craftsmanship. I tried to highlight the blueing in one of the photos below (taken with the watch resting on the gauges of a 1959 BMW /2 (too bad you can't see the Steib sidecar attached to this beauty, owned by my buddy Lee).

Anyways, thanks to all here for the inspiration to choose this watch and to Jorg Schauer and Stowa for the excellent work. Now, for my dad's old Speedy to return from Jack Alexya!

ASW
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Airman No Logo/COSC Arrives!

congratulations...a beautiful watch! with all the originals getting most of the play on this forum, it's refreshing to see your post.
    --AC

Nice. That thing is gorgeous. Mine ought to be here by the end of the month, and stuff like this is just making it that much harder to wait. If you don't mind my asking, when did you place your order?
    Last edited by dougie; May 21st, 2008 at 06:20.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Congrats on receiving your Airman. I like the pic on the BMW motorcycle.
    ToddH

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." Albert Einstein

Congratulations for your watch !
    I'm very interested in buying an airman. I'd like to wait for the FO unlimited but I don't know if I could resist... Buying a regular airman could be a great beginning with Stowa.

So concerning your airman, I've got two questions:
    -You seem to be concerned about size ... me too. May I have your approximate wrist size ?
    -Is that the regular rotor or do you take some special option ? I though this rotor was produced for the Aiman LE (75th aniversary).

Thank you for your answer

Congrats on your new timepiece.

This is a really outstanding pic.

stuffler,mike

Quote Originally Posted by Philippe4 View Post
    Congratulations for your watch !
    I'm very interested in buying an airman. I'd like to wait for the FO unlimited but I don't know if I could resist... Buying a regular airman could be a great beginning with Stowa.
    It´s a good start with any Stowa.

Is that the regular rotor or do you take some special option ? I though this rotor was produced for the Aiman LE (75th aniversary).
    I think yu mixed things up.

The Stowa Airman LE 75th anniversary got no rotor at all. The watch is also known as the STOWA Bremen 1167 and is fitted with a Durowe 7420 which is a manual wind movement. No rotor at all though.

I think you are talking about the Stowa Flieger LE (80th anniversary) without any logo and the german silver rotor which was released in an edition of 80 pcs.

You can order the Flieger Auto No Date No logo with the german silver rotor. Prices starting at 590 Euro.

Last edited by stuffler,mike; May 21st, 2008 at 18:50.

oups you're right ... I had in mind the 80th anniversary

thanks for the correction

Beautiful watch. I have had my Airman now for 6+ months, am wearing it now, and truly enjoy the watch.

I did get a kick out of it once in January. I walked into a Tourneau store, wearing my Airman, and the salesman said he liked my IWC. I guess the best answer would have been THANK YOU.

I have several other good watches, ie, Omega, Oris, Maurice LaCroix Patek, Tag, but I always come back to the Airman.

It's a solid watch that wears well in an unfussy sort of way

I also had same exact watch arrive today. It is absolutely beautiful and so well made. I have become so accustomed to wearing 42-47mm divers, I'm not sure I can handle the 40mm size. Will try for another day or two.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information