Is the airman not the best fitting watch!?!

Thread: Is the airman not the best fitting watch!?!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is the airman not the best fitting watch!?!

After 2 months of owning/wearing my Stowa airman auto....it's become one of my favorites-#1 the fit on wrist..incredible...I have 13 other watches...they all get in the rotation, somewhat....my airman is one of my top five. The fit & comfort is terrific...that's an important aspect for me and I've "paid" for buying watches without "seeing" them...note to self: gotta check specs and shapes!!! I liked the airman's specs and shape of the case...classic/retro w/ a very organic, ergonomic fit.........I had read good reports on fit & finish and when I got mine I was very impressed...it disappears on the wrist...my favorite cliche...fits like a Saville Row suit! I have three "old school" Rolexes ( '60's & '70's) and a MK II Blackwater that fit well and disappear on wrist...the airman is now w/ them....I feel guilty as I wear the airman and the other 4 way more...the others get jealous!
    Whats the fit on the Seatime dive watch for someone w/ small 7" and more round than flat?

Re: Is the airman not the best fitting watch!?!

So right you are Dr. R My no logo Airman Auto LE is absolutely the perfect fit. I always thought that my Omega Seamaster Pro was perfect, but the Stowa feels even more perfect if that's possible. Although it's "only" 40 mm it wears like a 42mm watch due to the thin bezel and full dial. Love it.
    Randy

and to me beacuse of the delicate curve to the lugs wears smaller!!! Hugs the wrist, so to speak.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Dr. Robert,
    I agree 100%...I was just remarking to a friend of mine earlier this week who also owns the Serial that this is the best combination of size, fit, materials and overall "feel". I have a 7 in. wrist and the watch is absolutely perfect- it doesn't slide, move, gouge, etc. The strap is the other 50% of the equation and it is as equally comfortable- I opted for the old style leather strap and it has been a pleasant surprise in terms of fit and comfort. Extremely happy with my "over the top, under the radar" purchase...

I have one on order and I am hoping I will feel the same. The specs fit right in my comfort zone so I think it should(I am a little worried about antea). I was wondering if you had a wrist shot from some distance so I could see. I have a 6 1/2" wrist and here is a shot of a sar(as example, similar specs except height)

I can't remember seeing a stowa wrist shot from a distance(I will be sure to post one when I get mine)
    autos: Hamilton navy pioneer(sold), stowa partitio, precista prs-22, stowa airman(sold), stowa antea 365, marathon sar(sold), vostok amphibian(sold), black mako(sold), seiko 5 military, sinn 556a

quartz: maurice lacroix, swiss army field, wenger swiss military 2912x, marathon tsar, 2 mudmen, gulfman, breitling colt

hand wind: 1963 seagull chrono(sold), stowa partitio, helbros

Picture Re: Is the airman not the best fitting watch!?!

Your sense of unbridled exuberance towards the Airman is well documented here and has been shared by quite a number of folks over the years. I, too, find myself wearing the Airman more often than I would others in my diminutive collection. Consequently, it's led several other Stowas to grace my wrist. Without going too far off track, I'll stick to the Seatime...

It is very well-crafted, very, very substantial, very visible, and won't really disappear on your 7 inch wrist. It rivals the Mühle Glashütte SAR Nautic in terms of mass and presence. Here's a few images of it on my just slightly larger than 7 inch wrist. You will most definitely know it's there. I enjoy the feeling of heft and substance, and this timepiece fits the bill quite nicely, in spades.

This one has a solid caseback and I think the newer Seatimes have a caseback window. I like the SS bezel, but the black bezel really helps the blue dial stand out. The SS bracelet is as well made and comfortable as any bracelet currently out there, even the Tutima. This watch is made to take most anything you can throw at it, in the water or out. It's value far exceeds it's price. Okay...I'll stop now

Hope this helps,

Glen

Oblique Wrist

Semi-lume

Wrist shot straight on
    Last edited by inlanding; December 14th, 2008 at 05:23.

hello Doug, you won't have a problem w/ the airman.It's a work of art..like it's made for you. The Marathon SAR
    has, IMHO, well balanced specs and a nice curve to case/lug area...if you like it....you'll love the airman...
    ps did you or your watch maker have any trouble w/ links/sizing your SAR bracelet(I ask 'cause I want a SAR like yours...don't need one...but the lust is too powerful...I mean it's the holidays...Santa hasn't returned my emails..wonder if I can sell blood???

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Robert View Post
    hello Doug, you won't have a problem w/ the airman.It's a work of art..like it's made for you. The Marathon SAR
    has, IMHO, well balanced specs and a nice curve to case/lug area...if you like it....you'll love the airman...
    ps did you or your watch maker have any trouble w/ links/sizing your SAR bracelet(I ask 'cause I want a SAR like yours...don't need one...but the lust is too powerful...I mean it's the holidays...Santa hasn't returned my emails..wonder if I can sell blood???
    Thanks for the comments Doc, I think my sar is going to lose a lot of wrist time when the airman gets here. Meanwhile, I have been living vicariously through everyone's posts and pics. About the SAR, I ordered the screwdrivers and did the bracelet sizing myself, no problem. Looking back though, I spent as much or more on the screwdrivers as I would have getting a watch maker to size it for me.
    autos: Hamilton navy pioneer(sold), stowa partitio, precista prs-22, stowa airman(sold), stowa antea 365, marathon sar(sold), vostok amphibian(sold), black mako(sold), seiko 5 military, sinn 556a

quartz: maurice lacroix, swiss army field, wenger swiss military 2912x, marathon tsar, 2 mudmen, gulfman, breitling colt

Quote Originally Posted by inlanding View Post
    Your sense of unbridled exuberance towards the Airman is well documented here and has been shared by quite a number of folks over the years. I, too, find myself wearing the Airman more often than I would others in my diminutive collection. Consequently, it's led several other Stowas to grace my wrist. Without going too far off track, I'll stick to the Seatime...

It is very well-crafted, very, very substantial, very visible, and won't really disappear on your 7 inch wrist. It rivals the Mühle Glashütte SAR Nautic in terms of mass and presence. Here's a few images of it on my just slightly larger than 7 inch wrist. You will most definitely know it's there. I enjoy the feeling of heft and substance, and this timepiece fits the bill quite nicely, in spades.

This one has a solid caseback and I think the newer Seatimes have a caseback window. I like the SS bezel, but the black bezel really helps the blue dial stand out. The SS bracelet is as well made and comfortable as any bracelet currently out there, even the Tutima. This watch is made to take most anything you can throw at it, in the water or out. It's value far exceeds it's price. Okay...I'll stop now
    The seatime is a beautiful watch, just too big for my wrist(which is the case for almost all tool dive watches). Those vintage seatimes look like they would fit me a lot better. If Jorg doesn't plan on making a smaller diver(trend seems to be big), I might look for a vintage one. Thanks for the pics, I never tire of looking at the seatime.

I agree 100% Robert! My Airman Auto LE fits like an Armani suit!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information