Airman Original Serial edition

Thread: Airman Original Serial edition

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation Airman Original Serial edition

The email I just received, in its entirety (well except for the German version):

Dear Customer,

we have good news - our Airman Original serial watch will be released soon !

We are proud to present our Airman Original serial watch with the Unitas 6497 hand-winding movement with Côte de Genève, blue screws, screw balance and swan neg regulator. Specially we want to announce that the second hand will come with hacking function as well.

To learn more about the versions to choose and to see some pictures please visit our STOWA shop.
    (european customers can go directly here to the new airman original, non european customers please go here)

Until today we received nearly 400 reservations !

STOWA is a small company with qualified watchmakers.

Each unique watch is built with love for detail and under largest attention of our qualified watchmaker.

Mr. Schauer's priority is beside the Design and the workmanship of his watches.

Each model which leaves our house will be proofed and checked by himself.

In no case we want to strain your patience concerning the waiting time however we put our special attention on the quality.

We ask you therefore for understanding that we can not provide you with a exactly time schedule when your Airman Original serial watch will be ready for delivery. (my emphasis)

We count to be able to start to deliver the first models in early autumn.

All our customers who made a reservation will get a personally mail from us by the time ordering can be placed. We will follow the chronological order when the reservations were made.

We kindly ask you not to mail us concerning delivery time or to find out which place you are on our reservation list. This would overrun our capacity (my emphasis)

Hopefully we could increase your joy with this information and make waiting easier.

many greetings and best regards

Viveca Hafner

( please note that we are closed for vacation from july 24 th till august 17 th, 2008)

Re: Airman Original Serial edition

That's good news but what I cannot understand:
    Whay do they put that new watch into the store and two days later start their vacation period I'm waiting for the requests and complaints here...

Most of the orders have already been placed. I imagine they want to encourage those patiently waiting and let them know that they will begin building their watches soon.

FWIW, I don't think there ought to be any complaints about the serial watch at this point, nor should your tone be so negative. And yes, I am one of the LAST of those who purchased the FO LE and who is still waiting for the watch.

Daniel
    Last edited by expwmbat; July 22nd, 2008 at 18:26.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Sponsor / Moderator

Dear powermaxi2000,

of course i can understand your question BUT:

We have so many preorders that we are forced to give a new status and first pictures of the coming watches.

The fact that we are closed for holidays was the reason to give this news.

If not, too many people have to wait to long for the infos.

I hope you understand. .-)

best regards

Jörg Schauer

I've got the same email today. They call it "Airman Original" now. Instead of Flieger Original. AO is to replace FO LE.

Good news is they will issue the hack function on the watch. But, as you check on the pictures on Stowa's site and will find out they still have the FO LE case side picture with the "Fl 23883" engraving on. Is that a mistake or does this AO has it too? Then if the latter case is true, what is the difference between AO and FO LE then? Even with the option of the Swan Neck Regulator the price is the same as that of FO LE at 1,120 euros.

Viveca said there is already 400 people on the reserve list and Jorg is the "gate keeper" for each of these AOs. Plus the undelivered FO LEs, and all those back-ordered blue hands for Anteas, you can imagine how busy Jorg will be for the remainder of the year. So I'll say, give the guy the vacation he is well entitled to have, more than he should, and after he is well fed and has drunk enough of beer, he can produce more of these fine watches for us.

Cheers.

Well - great to hear that the AO/FO will have second hacking and a swaneneck regulation.

But there's one thing I really "dislike": Why ( "§)$"§)$(/"§)($!!!!!! ) didn't Stowa tell this at once?

I already had ordered the AO a few weeks ago.... than I got a mail that there will be no second hacking ... well ... the AO wasn't (as) interesting for me any more ... so I told Stowa to drop me from the list ....

.... an today I am reading, that it'll be such a great watch?!?!

After my last order I was told, that the watch would arrive in November ... well ... now I can be lucky if it will arrive before April 2009 However - the watch is ordered ... :D

PS: @Jörg: Take your time ... it's really great, that you have decided to give both things (stop second and swanneck) to the FO (with "glas back"). Thanx!
    Last edited by willObst; July 22nd, 2008 at 20:19.

I second that, would we rather wait for two more weeks before we learn something about the Serial watch? And there is nothing dictacting that Jorg should be working without vacation just because a watch is announced and orders are taken.

Every year, I routinely order multipe JLC and IWC immediately after their SIHH release, it is very common to wait 12-18 months for delivery for the complex pieces. I applaud Jorg's effort in not rushing anything into production and make everything as perfect as possible given the constraint of the price point.

Quote Originally Posted by t1026 View Post
    I've got the same email today. They call it "Airman Original" now. Instead of Flieger Original. AO is to replace FO LE.
    I believe that a careful analysis of past Stowa nomenclature will reveal that "Flieger" is used in a German context, and "Airman" in an English one.

With the FO LE, the "Flieger"-word made its way into common English usage.

No need to postulate a sinister designation change here.
    Cheers,

Martin ("Crusader")

I got the email this morning, and it made my day! I'm really looking forward to this watch, i think it will really be something special. And i have no problem waiting until February (if it is February...) or that they go on vacation. I kind of like having to wait as it's rare that you can't get everything instantly anymore. Kind of like Christmas when I was a kid, waiting until morning to open my presents...

I really didn't know anything about Jorg Schauer and Stowa until I started lurking on this site researching some other watches. So far I'm pretty impressed and look forward to my watch! Happy Holidays Jorg!

Sure the other aspect also hold true . So ultimately it seems to make more sense to inform the wide public and handle individual questions afterwards. Yes I understand.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information