Airman v Airman Automatic v Airman Original

Thread: Airman v Airman Automatic v Airman Original

Airman v Airman Automatic v Airman Original

Hello,
    New to the forum and looking for some advice. I intend to buy my first proper watch and I think I will go for a Stowa Airman, but which one? I know very little about watches or movements and I'm a little confused!!

Can someone tell me the difference between the Airman, Airman Automatic and the Airman Original?

Which one I should go for?

What options I should get? ie what is the COSC movement and sapphire crystal back and swan neck regulating system etc, etc

Thanks in advance,
    Dan

Re: Airman v Airman Automatic v Airman Original

Hi Dan, welcome to our forum!

I presume you really don't need any of the quoted watches - you do have a mobile phone, don't you?
    You aren't in need of an instrument to show you how late it is, right?!

But.........you want a wristwatch for another reason. What reason: I do not know.

So, just decide depending on your personal taste and credit card - all STOWA watches are more than worth the money you pay for them.

Have fun with your new watch,

Volker

Hello, did you check out their website? There are also a lot of threads here. I have on order the airman auto-just basic-, no extras, it's well equipped,well made, precise...well priced. IMO if you are on a budget the basic airman auto,no date, w/ logo is the way to go, if you're budget is bigger get it loaded COSC etc.!
    regards, Dr. Robert

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

stuffler,mike

Quote Originally Posted by quattro777 View Post
    Hello,
    New to the forum and looking for some advice. I intend to buy my first proper watch and I think I will go for a Stowa Airman, but which one? I know very little about watches or movements and I'm a little confused!!

Can someone tell me the difference between the Airman, Airman Automatic and the Airman Original?

Which one I should go for?

What options I should get? ie what is the COSC movement and sapphire crystal back and swan neck regulating system etc, etc

Thanks in advance,
    Dan

Welcome to Watchuseek and welcome to the Official Jörg Schauer & Stowa Forum as well. All your questions have been already answered here on WUS. I´d like to invite you to make use of the cross-search-function WUS offers you. Just type "COSC" or "Airman" and you will find tons of information. Regarding COSC I´d like to point yoo to: www.cosc.ch.
    Make sure you know what kind of movement you want to have - automatic or a hw movement ? If you know it would be better to sort out the perfect watch for you and your requirements. First I´d read all comments here and on other fora. Google also will lead you to tons of sources. You may also read reviews on Stowa watches in our Review Forum.
    Good luck for hunting.

Thread Information