Am I the only one...? Antea vs Marine

Thread: Am I the only one...? Antea vs Marine

Am I the only one...? Antea vs Marine

Hey all!

I'm quickly (very quickly) falling deeply in love with Stowa.

I'd like to get a dress watch (eventually) to compliment my AO (FO), and I was looking at the Antea KS and the Marine Original.

They are both very fine timepieces, but for some reason my heart calls out the the Antea far more. I'm not sure why. I know the MO is a class above, but the Antea is more "me". Of course this might change.

I think that's because the Antea has a bit more of a modern look to it?

Re: Am I the only one...? Antea vs Marine

I have been collecting watches for years, and can only recall handful occasions, people came to me and compliment my watches. And Stowa Antea received the most compliments.

The MO is very similar to your Flieger.
    Case style and size, movement.

The Antea is a different type of watch so finally it depends on you what you prefer: a variation of what you have and know or a more different watch.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hary

Wot strap and deployant you fitted with the Antea? Original Stoma? Yours does look like a double fold and black croco strap.

Can u show us a closeup of the deployant. I have been trying and trying to locate a nice single 20/18mm (and double) fold friction lock deployant and a nice thick deep blue croco strap to be fitted with the MO. The best I came accross until now is the IWC deployant and croco (almost black in colour) fitted on Portuguese 5001 7 days. If im not find any good replacement, I'll have to get this from IWC to go with Stowa...

I looked many online sellers: Freda, Bobs Davies, Otti Frei, watchbandcenter etc... I have not ordered any, becos Im not sure abt their quality except the IWC one.

ANy tried and suggestion of brand and model?

Many thanks
    Fawo

Quote Originally Posted by Fawo View Post
    Hary

Wot strap and deployant you fitted with the Antea? Original Stoma? Yours does look like a double fold and black croco strap.

Can u show us a closeup of the deployant. I have been trying and trying to locate a nice single 20/18mm (and double) fold friction lock deployant and a nice thick deep blue croco strap to be fitted with the MO. The best I came accross until now is the IWC deployant and croco (almost black in colour) fitted on Portuguese 5001 7 days. If im not find any good replacement, I'll have to get this from IWC to go with Stowa...

I looked many online sellers: Freda, Bobs Davies, Otti Frei, watchbandcenter etc... I have not ordered any, becos Im not sure abt their quality except the IWC one.

Many thanks
    Fawo
    Hi - in this thread I started ages ago you can see the Stowa double fold clasp and a dark blue Hirsch "Duke" strap - the strap is actually much darker than it looks in the photos - it's almost black unless direct sunlight is shining on it - the colour is pretty much like the IWC one you mention, only much cheaper!

https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthr...hlight=arrival

I ordered a brushed SS double fold from Bob Davis 2 months ago along with a strap for my Limes and have not been disappointed. It is definitely better quality than the Oris single fold that I have and better than the Rios 1931 double fold deployant that I also have.

Have no worries ordering from Bob.

Seth

Quote Originally Posted by Fawo View Post
    Hary

Many thanks
    Fawo
    Hi Fawo,

the strap is after market gator strap. The deployant buckle is double fold from Stowa. Will take close up picture later today

Quote Originally Posted by JatG View Post
    Hi - in this thread I started ages ago you can see the Stowa double fold clasp and a dark blue Hirsch "Duke" strap - the strap is actually much darker than it looks in the photos - it's almost black unless direct sunlight is shining on it - the colour is pretty much like the IWC one you mention, only much cheaper!
    That's a great strap! I wear my Antea KS with a very similar strap... an old Hamilton croc-style that I found NOS that is about that shade, and like yours, it appears almost black unless in bright light. I'm using a standard buckle with it, though.

The Antea is beautiful and timeless, the KS is quite small though in modern day terms, the Auto is a full 39mm - I'll be getting a black one soooon...

Thread Information