antea. case dings. nicks

Thread: antea. case dings. nicks

antea. case dings. nicks

how prominent are nicks and dings in the case of your anteas? i just noticed that somehow i created a slight nick in the stainless steel case just above the 12. i don't even recall ever bumping it. oh well, do any of you have issues with the occasional nick or ding on the antea's staight, edge case? but the face still looks like a million bucks. i love this watch more than i did when i got it.

Re: antea. case dings. nicks

A highly polished watch like the Antea is very prone to easily show scratches/nicks. Search for "Cape Cod" polishing cloths, (inexpensive) and use as directed.
    They work wonders on satin finishes.
    "Time is the school in which we learn. Time is the fire in which we burn."

redstart

Quote Originally Posted by anitasanger
    how prominent are nicks and dings in the case of your anteas? i just noticed that somehow i created a slight nick in the stainless steel case just above the 12. i don't even recall ever bumping it. oh well, do any of you have issues with the occasional nick or ding on the antea's staight, edge case? but the face still looks like a million bucks. i love this watch more than i did when i got it.
    I have a few very small scratches and one small edge nick. After 59 years of clumsiness, I've learned not to mind them. I explain to each new watch that I do care about it but that it's going to be a rough life ahead. Right now I have an inflated arm protector just below the bursitis-ridden elbow, which makes things worse. But the polishing cloth tip is one I'm going to follow up on. --redstart

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

This is a great question.

About two months ago I bought an absolutely beautiful Seatime blue limited edition (I own 5/10) with an upgraded COSC movement. I mean, this is a collectors watch.

So, I wear it everyday. I get compliments regularly. As a result of one compliment, I buy another Stowa watch, and its owner is very happy. I am extremely pleased. I am on the waiting list for another watch (not sure what is going on there, I need to touch base and find out--it has disappeared from their website).

But, wear a watch and it shows a little wear. I scratched the case trying the change the band, and immediately abandoned that effort. And the metal band shows some dings and scratches--nothing that's a problem, and the finish is satin, instead of polished, so that may ameliorate wear.

But it's no longer a collector's watch. It's not as bad as my wife's Rolex from the 70s, or my Omega from the 80s (neither of which run very well). But I think if you wear (use) something, it doesn't stay new.

That is, as your parents were wont to say so many years ago, life . . .

yeah, i've realized that anything will only look new while it is. life happens, nicks, dings, character. charming little watches. like a 60's stratocaster, sometimes used is beautful.

Thread Information