Antea Creme vs. Antea 390

Thread: Antea Creme vs. Antea 390

Confused Antea Creme vs. Antea 390

It seems that I have caught the Antea bug now.

So after looking at their website, I have to wonder about one thing. The difference between the Antea Creme and the Antea 390 is the cream-colored dial with black hands in the Antea Creme and the "silver" dial with blue hands in the Antea 390 (... and 219 EUR)?
    Last edited by dkouzou; October 16th, 2008 at 16:13.

Re: Antea Creme vs. Antea 390

........ plus the Antea 390 has got a special German Silver rotor which is handmade by the STOWA team. I think this is the major reason for the price difference.

Regards, Omar

I have the Antea KS and I cannot stress enough how great the silvered dial with the blued hands looks. Not trying to influence your decision here, but that combo looks great...

...really, really great

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

well and I cannot stress enough how useful it is to use the search...

As there is not a clear-cut answer, finally you must list the differences and decide for yourself if it is worth the extra money.

Quote Originally Posted by dkouzou View Post
    It seems that I have caught the Antea bug now.

So after looking at their website, I have to wonder about one thing. The difference between the Antea Creme and the Antea 390 is the cream-colored dial with black hands in the Antea Creme and the "silver" dial with blue hands in the Antea 390 (... and 219 EUR)?
    I know this feeling! I wear my Antea Black C.O.S.C. for almost a year now (simply excellent, hearing its ticking, looking at it all the time: incredible).

And now I'd like the same style but something more "dressy". So I have to decide between the Creme and the 390. Blued hands are beautiful, but the creme dial is looking fantastic as well.

But. I don't need the date on the dial. So for almost a year am I waiting for a special Antea with a hand-winding movement with silver (or creme) dial, blued hands and without date. It would be "The Watch" for me.

Some day it has to come, I'm patient enough. I think...

In your situation I'd go for the blued hands, they are really awesome. I know the price diff is pretty high but you won't be disappointed for sure.

Buying a Stowa is buying a watch for life.

Quote Originally Posted by mizu View Post
    But. I don't need the date on the dial. So for almost a year am I waiting for a special Antea with a hand-winding movement with silver (or creme) dial, blued hands and without date. It would be "The Watch" for me.

Some day it has to come, I'm patient enough. I think...
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=79456

2007 with a Durowe movement

An alternative might be also to search for a used Antea with blued hands as this was available as an option before the 390 was launched

The Stowa and watch for life probably holds true as long as you don't get in contact with a Schauer....

Quote Originally Posted by powermaxi2000 View Post
    I know this list by heart already...

An alternative might be also to search for a used Antea with blued hands as this was available as an option before the 390 was launched
    Noone sells a special edition Antea... And when I was bitten by the Stowa-bug the production of my favourite was over.
    The Stowa and watch for life probably holds true as long as you don't get in contact with a Schauer....
    I know them, they're fantastic but are unfortunately over my budget.

Quote Originally Posted by mizu View Post
    Noone sells a special edition Antea...
    Only one of my limited Anteas was bought new as I also started with watches later than most of the editions were released. And it's not such a matter of price rather than waiting for a guy to sell.

But I agree that for a creme Durowe it could take yet a bit longer as only 40 of them exist. The black Durowes pop up a bit more often.

But as said trying to get an automatic Antea with blue hands could be possible indeed.

Thought about the KS? or is it too small?

Thought about the KS? or is it too small?
    My wrist is about 19cm. I was thinking more than enough about ordering an Antea KS. But I got used to the 39mm diameter of my Antea and I like its size. And the big smooth moving seconds-hand is an absolute eye-catcher for me

So all I can do is searching for a used one or waiting for a new "special edition". Maybe a "82th year anniversary edition"

My fiancee likes the blue hands too which means I won't be buying this now.
    Since this will be my dress watch, I still need to figure out if I want the 36.5mm or 39.0mm diameter.

Thread Information