Antea KS 2011 questions

Thread: Antea KS 2011 questions

Antea KS 2011 questions

Hi all,
    I just bought an Antea KS on Ebay, its from 2011 and so I am guessing it has a Perseux 7001 movement. I haven't owned one of these before and have a couple of questions. I will get it serviced as I don't know the history but I would like to know how you wind it. It sounds silly but, as I say, I haven't owned one before.
    There was a video on YouTube of an Antea KS where the crown seemed to wind back on itself after turning. Is the normal for these watches?
    How often should it be wound and how many turns does it need?
    Is it just quarter turns in one direction, once a day, or in both directions?
    Also, I heard that you can't change the time between 9am and 3pm and 9pm and 3am on these watches, is that true?
    Are there any other things I need to know?

Lots of questions which must seem madly basic but I have only owned automatics and am worried about damaging the mainspring on a hand winding watch.
    Its a gift for my daughter but I am quite excited about it too.

I very much appreciate anyone who can help out with any advice on this and thank you for taking the time to read through and potentially answer.

Re: Antea KS 2011 questions

You need to turn the crown clockwise until you feel a significant resistance indicating that it's fully wound. Winding it after that might will harm the movement. I used to own Antea KS and you can easily feel the resistance. Turning it counterclockwise doesn't do anything. You can change the time at any time. The 9pm to 3am rule is only for watches with date because the date changing mechanism is activated around midnight and it might cause some damage if you change the time during that. But Antea KS doesn't have any date so this doesn't apply. Peseux 7001 has a power reserve for around 45 hours. It's probably easiest to wind the watch every day for example in the morning to make it a habit.

Re: Antea KS 2011 questions

That's really helpful, thank you