Antea KS arrival
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Antea KS arrival

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Antea KS arrival

The wait is over for me. I just received my Antea KS from FedEx and it's a real beauty. I was afraid that the 35.5mm size would be too small on my 7.25" wrist but upon opening the incredible looking box I realized it was perfect.

minimal likes this.

Re: Antea KS arrival

Seems to go very well with your striped shirt!

It's the same size as some of my vintage watches and it fits just perfect on you.

I go for that size when I want an understated formal look. I've come to the conclusion that it's not about whether a watch looks too big or too small on a wrist, but it depends on what kind of image you're trying to pull off.

I agree with you. It's interesting that I went to a department store yesterday that had quite a few midrange watches and as much as I hate to say this since I love watches so much, but a lot of the watches looked the same. Of course the prices varied and the type of metal, band, and hand types were different, but to me they all looked pretty similar to each other. Maybe I've been looking at too many of them and am finally getting bored of the way they look.

The Antea KS, though, looked different because of the way the numbers are positioned and the blue hands, though Longines has them too. Overall though, the small seconds that don't tick every second like a quartz watch definitely makes it feel different.

I especially like the blue hands.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by nathantw666 View Post
    I agree with you. It's interesting that I went to a department store yesterday that had quite a few midrange watches and as much as I hate to say this since I love watches so much, but a lot of the watches looked the same. Of course the prices varied and the type of metal, band, and hand types were different, but to me they all looked pretty similar to each other. Maybe I've been looking at too many of them and am finally getting bored of the way they look.
    Wow. That echoes my sentiments exactly!

Although I love watches, I'm indifferent to shopping mall watches except Hugo Boss watches lol.

I know a few people say that the Antea KS is boring: it's only when you look closely at the detail of the watch and its legibility, does its beauty really show. As it is, I'm still waiting for my Stowa Chrono order to pan out before acquiring another Stowa :)

As it is, I'm still waiting for my Stowa Chrono order to pan out before acquiring another Stowa :)

That's exactly what I call a Stowaholic ,

Volker

...but it's only going to be my 3rd Stowa!

I do have a Stowa which I never really gelled with. Maybe I'll see if I can flog it on this forum :)

Congratulations. I have an Antea KS, and I think it is my single favorite watch. The dial is perfect. Sometimes when checking the time I’ll find myself lost in staring at it. This can be dangerous when driving.

I agree that the appropriate size of dial depends on the function of the watch. For me, the Antea is a dress watch—I wear it with suits and jackets, and in that context it is just right.

I love my Antea KS. Its a very good looking watch with a legible and easy to ready dial.
    Current collection: Tudor BB 36 |MKII Hawkinge| Seiko SARB017 | Seiko SARB035 | Seiko SBDC053| Seiko SBDC059|Seiko SBDC061| Stowa Antea KS
    wishlist: Damasko DA38, DH1.0 , Stowa Baumuster B, Flieger A,

Congrats, nathantw666!

I'm currently waiting for my Antea Kleine Sekunde; I have paid it already and it should have be ready for shipping in about two weeks. This means that there will be at least one new KS arrival thread in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by jrantasa View Post
    Congrats, nathantw666!

I'm currently waiting for my Antea Kleine Sekunde; I have paid it already and it should have be ready for shipping in about two weeks. This means that there will be at least one new KS arrival thread in the near future.
    Thank you! This watch is probably the least complex out of all the watches I own and I think it looks like one of the nicest. What I found interesting was that the watch size is actually the size of the Speedmaster without the tach bezel. That made it a perfect size for me. I was really dreading the sight of a 35.5mm watch thinking it would be a lot smaller.

When I paid for my Antea it arrived in a matter of days. It was pretty amazing considering I was thinking I was planning on waiting 14 days before they even sent it out. So you might find that you'll get your watch sooner than you think. Exciting days ahead for you, jrantasa.

Last edited by nathantw666; March 29th, 2011 at 19:32.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information