Antea KS Power Problem
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Antea KS Power Problem

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question Antea KS Power Problem

Hello forum members. First post here.

I believe I am having a problem with my new Antea KS which I received less than two weeks ago.

Here is the situation. The Peseux 7001 is supposed to have 40+ hours reserve, but during the first three days I had it, it would stop within 24 hours, sometimes much less. As far as procedure goes, I just wound it clockwise until if felt a sudden resistance. I contacted Stowa about the issue, and they asked me to count the number of turns it took to wind the watch. I counted 23.5 turns which according to Stowa is within specification. I did this for three successive days and to my delight it ran for over 42 hours each day. I was thinking that maybe the resistance wall I felt when winding was short of a full wind. So yesterday I didn’t count. I resumed turning the crown until it “stopped” – I feel trying to wind it more would possibly damage the movement. Unfortunately it stopped within 24 hours.

In short, every time I wind the watch in an expeditious manner, it stops within 24 hours. The three times I counted the turns, it met specification. I should note that when I counted the turns, I “fought” a counter-clockwise rotation of the crown. If I turn and let go, it would rotate backwards about 90 degrees. Something seems fishy here and I am getting nervous about the watch. I absolutely love this watch other than this issue and want is resolved.

I would appreciate suggestions/comments.

Thanks,

Byron

Re: Antea KS Power Problem

Hey Byron,

No such experience before, anyhow, i dont own Antea or Peseux 7001, so cant help much.

The best is still to make arrangement with Stowa to see whether then can explain or send back for checking.

Issues with the Peseux in the KS isn't new as referenced by quite a number of posts. Have Stowa sort it out. Wish I had gone for an auto Antea after I purchased a KS for my wife. Good news is it's not her only watch.
    ​WATCHES OF ADMIRATION
    A. LANGE & SOHNE HENTSCHEL HAMBURG DAMASKO
    UTS MUNCHEN Glashuette ORIGINAL LEHMANN
    NOMOS GLASHUETTE MORITZ GROSSMANN BENZINGER
    temPtion
    D. DORNBLUETH & SOHNE JUNGHANS

WATCHES CURRENTLY OUT OF THE SAFE IN ROTATION
    DRESS:
    Glashuette Original Senator Observer, JLC MUT
    DIVERS:
    UTS 2000m, Seiko SKX009J
    PILOTS/MILITARY:
    Damasko DS30, Laco Paderborn, Archimede A Dial Flieger, Hamilton Field Khaki, Marathon General Purpose Mechanical,
    Citizen Avion Solar Chronograph
    SPORTS/RACING:
    Muhle 29er Big

24 watches & holding steady.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I bought a KS 41 a year ago ( which I consider to let go now but that's another matter) and I always had 2 full days of power reserve. What you're experiencing is not normal at all. I would return it.

Quote Originally Posted by hidden830726 View Post
    Hey Byron,

No such experience before, anyhow, i dont own Antea or Peseux 7001, so cant help much.

The best is still to make arrangement with Stowa to see whether then can explain or send back for checking.

Thanks. I did tell Stowa that I would monitor the situation for a few days a get back with them. So they are aware I have a concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobfish View Post
    I bought a KS 41 a year ago ( which I consider to let go now but that's another matter) and I always had 2 full days of power reserve. What you're experiencing is not normal at all. I would return it.
    Thanks. I own a Stowa Flieger auto and when I manually wind it the crown does not spring back counter-clockwise. Is this atypical for a manual as well? I am thinking there is a connection between this symptom and the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by CM HUNTER View Post
    Issues with the Peseux in the KS isn't new as referenced by quite a number of posts. Have Stowa sort it out. Wish I had gone for an auto Antea after I purchased a KS for my wife. Good news is it's not her only watch.
    I did search for this forum for this particular issue and did not find the issue - it may be related I don't know. Seems like Peseux running fast and main spring issues are common among complaints.

They have great customer service, so should the issue continue send it back and let them correct it.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Bobfish View Post

Si tacuisses................

Your watch is driven by an UNITAS 6498 - not a PESEUX 7001. Don't mix up different movements, please,

Volker

Thanks for your comments. This is my first manual wind so I am unfamiliar with this issue.

I have contacted Stowa again about the problem and asked if it should rotate backwards (counter-clockwise) after releasing from a clockwise wind. I have mentioned this a few times in email, but they have not specifically indicated whether or not this is an issue. Last two days I got 30 and 36 hours before the watch died. They are willing to help, but not much can be done until after Jan 6th due to shutdown.

I will try to return the watch on Monday after I return from my trip.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information