Antea KS - timekeeping

Thread: Antea KS - timekeeping

Antea KS - timekeeping

I bought a Stowa Antea KS for my wife for xmas, she loves it, but hasn't been wearing it often. I've convinced her to wear it more often now, no point in leaving it on the shelf.

Lately I've noticed that the time was always wrong, despite me setting it and winding it. So I've teted it and it seems like it runs around a minute fast per day ? WOW I didn't expect that, how accurate should it be, and if it needs sending back for regulation, how long am i likely to be without it...

17b

Re: Antea KS - timekeeping

A gain of a minute a day sounds unusual for this watch. That being said, the watch can "settle down" over a period of a month or two. My KS that I got about a month ago out of the box gains about 15 seconds a day if unworn, and maybe 10-12 seconds if I wear it. I would recommend winding it daily and checking the time against an accurate source such as a radio controlled atomic clock over a period of a week. I own many automatic and handwind watches and none of them out of the box ever ran a minute fast. Hopefully your watch will settle down. If not, you can send it back and you will be taken care of.

Good luck!

Is it brand new? The reason I ask is that it's hard to believe that a new watch would come from Stowa so poorly regulated. It could have become magnetised in transit or in your home - I'd try having it demagnetised first.

Good luck.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Was Brand New at xmas. Probably worn 3-4 times until End of Feb, and now I've convinced her to wear it daily (I put on a leather strap instead of the milanese bracelet, which does make it look more like a daily wearer).
    Still running around 50 secs a day, fully wound each day at same time, after checking the time.

I don't mind having to send it back for regulation if necessary, (although obviously i would rather not have to), but how long is it likely to be "away"...

Thread Information