antea running fast. help.

Thread: antea running fast. help.

antea running fast. help.

okay, i've had my antea for a few weeks now and suddenly, it started running very fast. it started out like 20 minutes a day and has gradually worked it;s way down to gaining 4 minutes a day. it used to not have this problem and nothing has been done to the watch to change this. i just wear it normally everyday. anyway, i've spoke to jorg and don't want to have to pay to have a watch fixed that i haven't damaged. it just simply runs fast for no reason. brand new. anyway, i would like to try to fix this myself. do i just turn the tiny screw type thing toward the negative side to adjust it to running slower? i know that it would be best to take it to a certified watch repairman, but frankly if this is somehting that will happen on automatics from time to time, i would like to learn now. if i am wrong about turning the screw, any advice would be appreciated on how to make the watch more accurate.

p.s. and jorg was very friendly when i informed him of the problem and even offered to pay for the shipping costs. however, the repair fee is 100.- which is fair, but i haven't damaged the watch. i just don;t understand how this happened and would be happy to remedy it myself if i could.

luke black.
    Last edited by anitasanger; August 8th, 2006 at 09:08.

stuffler,mike

Re: antea running fast. help.

Is it possible that the watch got magetized ?
    Nonetheless I´d send the watch back to Jörg to get the problem solved ! You got a warranty of two years right ?

oh yeah, i forgot about the warrantee. when i emailed jorg he said repairs are 100.- so it should be under warrantee, i'll give him another email. my watch hasn't been magnitized to my knowledge unless something happened at airport security. i took the watch off before going through the metal detectors and placed it in the tray. out of curiousity, what happens when an automatic watch encounters a magnet? and how do i know if my watch is magnitized? is there a way of demagnetizing it? thanks.

luke black

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

stuffler,mike

Quote Originally Posted by anitasanger
    oh yeah, i forgot about the warrantee. when i emailed jorg he said repairs are 100.- so it should be under warrantee, i'll give him another email. my watch hasn't been magnitized to my knowledge unless something happened at airport security. i took the watch off before going through the metal detectors and placed it in the tray. out of curiousity, what happens when an automatic watch encounters a magnet? and how do i know if my watch is magnitized? is there a way of demagnetizing it? thanks.

luke black
    The watch begins to run very fast. 20 Minutes and more a day. De-magnetizing the watch is no problem for a watchmaker.I once passed the Schipol airport security check with an Orient GMT and the watch got magnetized.

I just went through Airport security yesterday and nothing happened to my Eberhard..funny how things can happen when you don't realize it.
    ToddH

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." Albert Einstein

Yeah that is odd. I've been though countless airport security checks wearing mechanical watches and have never had a problem.
    Wear what you like.

Thread Information