Any Antea Back to Bauhaus owners out there?
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Any Antea Back to Bauhaus owners out there?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1
    Member PYLTN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,485

    Any Antea Back to Bauhaus owners out there?

    To my surprise I find myself wanting a dress watch and the Antea B2B appeals to me with it's quirky font and generally softer look when compared to the regular Antea. I think my favourite version is the white dial 355.

    Real world photos of this range are very thin on the ground, so are there any owners here who can share a photo of theirs, along with any thoughts?

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Member whineboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,546

    Re: Any Antea Back to Bauhaus owners out there?

    Hi PYLTN. Apologies if these pix are rotated.
    I used to like my b2b more - it's small, thin and relatively elegant, but it doesn't grab me as much these days. I find my Grand Seikos more sparkly, and a Stowa marine auto more appealing (love the blued hands). Sometimes I think about flipping it.
    The b2b's handwound ETA7001 movement is nice - +4 or 5 secs/day.
    My wrist is 7.5".
    Attached Images Attached Images





    whineboy
    All mechanical, all the time

  3. #3
    Member PYLTN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,485

    Re: Any Antea Back to Bauhaus owners out there?

    Hi whineboy.

    Thanks for the photos. Sorry to hear your B2B has lost some of it's appeal. I'm still interested in picking one up. I see it as more of a fun/casual watch that would make a nice contrast to my various tool watches.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member whineboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,546

    Re: Any Antea Back to Bauhaus owners out there?

    Quote Originally Posted by PYLTN View Post
    Hi whineboy.

    Thanks for the photos. Sorry to hear your B2B has lost some of it's appeal. I'm still interested in picking one up. I see it as more of a fun/casual watch that would make a nice contrast to my various tool watches.
    Hi PYLTN, sounds like the b2b might be just what you want. The design is funky and a bit whimsical. One thing I am especially impressed by is the hand length - the tips of the minute and second hands hit the very center of each minute and second dot.

    I fall in and out of infatuation with my watches, so i figure that in the future I'll again be enjoying my b2b - it's why I haven't flipped any watches in the 7 years I've been collecting.
    Dooberfloober likes this.
    whineboy
    All mechanical, all the time

  6. #5
    Member Dooberfloober's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    90

    Re: Any Antea Back to Bauhaus owners out there?

    Speaking of hands, I know that Stowa's customer service is good enough that it's possible to order a b2b with blued hands. Probably some extra cost because of the hands, but I think it's a neat way to get a slightly dressier b2b
    whineboy likes this.

  7. #6
    Member Peter Atwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Western MA
    Posts
    3,992

    Re: Any Antea Back to Bauhaus owners out there?

    It's a lovely watch and I enjoy the graphic design aspect very much. I chose the blue dial when I bought this a couple of years ago, but found myself not wearing it too much, partly because it is a bit of a tough color to pair with straps. More of a violet or lilac than a true rich blue. So last year I asked Stowa if they could swap the dial to black. The price was very reasonable and at the same time they bead blasted the case. I absolutely love this new look and I should have just ordered it in black to begin with.

    I would love to see this watch in a "sport version" with lumed hands and indices and a screw down crown! Similar to the beach watch concept of the Nomos Ahoi series. Hint hint, Stowa are you listening?

    Name:  111_1074.JPG
Views: 421
Size:  203.4 KB

    Name:  111_1479.JPG
Views: 413
Size:  224.5 KB
    PYLTN, whineboy and X2-Elijah like this.
    Rotating on my wrist this month: Stowa Blue WatchTime Flieger, Sinn EZM9, Sinn T1, Sinn 556 Blue, Stowa Antea LE Polish Forums, Stowa Verus 40, Damasko DS30 greenie, Sinn U1, Stowa Antea Klassik KS Rose, Nomos Tangente Silvercut





  8. #7
    Member PYLTN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,485

    Re: Any Antea Back to Bauhaus owners out there?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Atwood View Post
    It's a lovely watch and I enjoy the graphic design aspect very much. I chose the blue dial when I bought this a couple of years ago, but found myself not wearing it too much, partly because it is a bit of a tough color to pair with straps. More of a violet or lilac than a true rich blue. So last year I asked Stowa if they could swap the dial to black. The price was very reasonable and at the same time they bead blasted the case. I absolutely love this new look and I should have just ordered it in black to begin with.

    I would love to see this watch in a "sport version" with lumed hands and indices and a screw down crown! Similar to the beach watch concept of the Nomos Ahoi series. Hint hint, Stowa are you listening?

    Name:  111_1074.JPG
Views: 421
Size:  203.4 KB

    Name:  111_1479.JPG
Views: 413
Size:  224.5 KB
    That sounds like amazing service from Stowa. And I was interested to read your comments about the shade of blue – I had been thinking about the blue version but it’s very difficult to tell from photos quite what shade it is. Currently, I think the white dial version is my favourite.

    Thanks for your feedback
    Peter Atwood likes this.

  9. #8
    Member Peter Atwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Western MA
    Posts
    3,992

    Re: Any Antea Back to Bauhaus owners out there?

    They're very nice people and always answer emails in a timely manner. Naturally I have nothing but the highest regard for their products and their service.

    The white dial is nice looking too. Too bad they don't offer a silvered dial, I think that would be even better but they probably are costly to make and probably a minimum dial order, etc.
    whineboy likes this.
    Rotating on my wrist this month: Stowa Blue WatchTime Flieger, Sinn EZM9, Sinn T1, Sinn 556 Blue, Stowa Antea LE Polish Forums, Stowa Verus 40, Damasko DS30 greenie, Sinn U1, Stowa Antea Klassik KS Rose, Nomos Tangente Silvercut





  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    178
    Sorry for the poor quality photos but this is all I have at the moment. Maybe I'll take some fresh ones tomorrow. In any event, this is a great piece. Probably not an everyday kind of watch because it is thin and dresser, but fairly versatile. By the way, that bead blasted version is awesome!
    Attached Images Attached Images



    DNARNA and Peter Atwood like this.
    Alpina Startimer Pilot Big Date, Citizen Nighthawk, Hamilton Khaki Navy Pioneer Auto, Hamilton Pan Europ, Junghans Meister Pilot Chronoscope, Oris Big Crown Pointer Date, Oris Big Crown ProPilot, Seiko SNDA57, TAG Heuer Carrera Calibre 5

  11. #10
    Member PYLTN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,485

    Re: Any Antea Back to Bauhaus owners out there?

    Quote Originally Posted by mooonman321 View Post
    Sorry for the poor quality photos but this is all I have at the moment. Maybe I'll take some fresh ones tomorrow. In any event, this is a great piece. Probably not an everyday kind of watch because it is thin and dresser, but fairly versatile. By the way, that bead blasted version is awesome!
    Apologies for the delayed response, and thanks for your photos!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Any Carbon Fiber GW-S5600 owners out there? ...
      By ronbo in forum Casio G-Shock
      Replies: 56
      Last Post: October 16th, 2015, 15:32
    2. Any DW-6300 (First) Frogman owners out there ?
      By ronbo in forum Casio G-Shock
      Replies: 12
      Last Post: July 10th, 2011, 20:22
    3. Any Garmin 305/310/405 owners out there??
      By Newton in forum Digital & ABC watches
      Replies: 18
      Last Post: April 30th, 2010, 15:53
    4. Replies: 0
      Last Post: August 22nd, 2008, 22:46
    5. Replies: 9
      Last Post: December 1st, 2006, 13:39

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •