Any Interest In A 35mm - 39mm Marine Original?

View Poll Results: Would you be interested in a smaller Marine Original?

Voters
83. This poll is closed
  • Absolutely

35 42.17%
  • Maybe, i'd have to see it first

8 9.64%
  • No

40 48.19%

Thread: Any Interest In A 35mm - 39mm Marine Original?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Any Interest In A 35mm - 39mm Marine Original?

I recently sold my MO because the watch was simply too big for my 6.5" wrist. I was wondering if there was enough interest to approach Jorg regarding a potential 35mm (or a slightly larger sized) Marine Original (maybe with a silvered dial like those used on some of the Anteas).

I feel like this would be an outstanding watch that could be used as both a traditional dress watch and a casual watch whereas the MO is simply too big to be a dress watch in the traditional sense of the term "dress watch."

To those who know about things like this, is Jorg open to projects like this if we approach him and there is enough interest? Maybe as a WUS special edition?

Re: Any Interest In A 35mm - 39mm Marine Original?

Absolutely! Would love a choice of white or the new black dial, as well.

stuffler,mike

Quote Originally Posted by NOLA1 View Post
    I recently sold my MO because the watch was simply too big for my 6.5" wrist. I was wondering if there was enough interest to approach Jorg regarding a potential 35mm (or a slightly larger sized) Marine Original (maybe with a silvered dial like those used on some of the Anteas).

I feel like this would be an outstanding watch that could be used as both a traditional dress watch and a casual watch whereas the MO is simply too big to be a dress watch in the traditional sense of the term "dress watch."

To those who know about things like this, is Jorg open to projects like this if we approach him and there is enough interest? Maybe as a WUS special edition?
    Well, everything is possible but you can't press a 36,6 mm movement into a 35mm case. So the options are limited, a hw ETA/Peseux 7001 would be an option (32,15 mm) but then it would like a Karelia (by Meistersinger).
    Another thought: There is only one Marine Original and imho Jörg should stick to this.
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I would love to see a watch like this. The normal MO is too big for me - I prefer smaller watches.
    Dornblüth had a limited edition watch with their 04 movement which was 38mm and had the design of the 99.1/99.0. It is very hard to find one now.
    If Jörg would make a smaller MO (it would have to be handwound for me) I would buy one.

This is the only thing that concers me about the MO. I heard several people complian about the size of the watch. My wrist is about 7.25, so I hope it's not an issue for me.

38mm would be perfect for me. I have been considering a Marine auto instead of the Original because of my small 6.25" wrist, but I would prefer the sub second hand.

I think this is a very interesting idea, and the Dornblueth 04.0 model is a good precedent. Nomos and the Anteas also come in a variety of sizes with the same design (but different from the Marines, of course).

Mike has posted on the "original Marine Original" before. A limited edition from 2002, it housed a Unitas 6425 handwinder in a 40 mm case. I don't know if the Unitas 6425 is available in reasonable numbers anymore, but the size (Dia= 29mm, H= 4.6mm, 17 jewels, f = 21.6 k bph, PR 48h) would seem to be very well suited for a 35mm-39mm model.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=55786

The Peseux 7001 as Mike said or even the ETA 2801 are other handwinding possibilities, but would be less interesting. I also think they are better proportioned for the smaller end (35-36mm) of the range originally proposed.

stuffler,mike

The unitas 6425 is discontinued, you well not get them in the necessary numbers.

Wow, that Marine 6425 is (was) a beauty! I could swing the 40mm as well. Pity that my chances of finding one are almost nil.

can you post a wrist shot?

my MO is in fabrication...somewhere... early may delivery

i was between the MO and the Meistersinger and a Nomos... I really prefer the latter watches for their smaller size but the design of the MO got to me

they could stuff the ETA 2824 in a smaller watch (than the same 40mm case)... i have a ETA on an Oris sized at 37 or 38?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information