any specific point that drove folks to either the A or B version of the Flieger?
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: any specific point that drove folks to either the A or B version of the Flieger?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

any specific point that drove folks to either the A or B version of the Flieger?

also any thoughts on manual vs auto? and do you have to request the engraving on the side or is that standard?

Looking to possibly get a Stowa but torn between the A & B styles....was originally drawn to the B but the classic nature of the A is appealing. Thanks
    Semper Ubi Sub Ubi
    "I was interested in precision timekeeping I wasn't interested in little, flat, thin luxury watches I was interested in proper watches, like the watch they used on the moon, that sort of thing" - George Daniels

Re: any specific point that drove folks to either the A or B version of the Flieger?

Quote Originally Posted by Mathew J View Post
    also any thoughts on manual vs auto? and do you have to request the engraving on the side or is that standard?

Looking to possibly get a Stowa but torn between the A & B styles....was originally drawn to the B but the classic nature of the A is appealing. Thanks
    I did consider all that and chose this
    Slm643, Aid1987 and Kilograph like this.
    “If we could be satisfied with anything, we should have been satisfied long ago.”
    ― Seneca

Re: any specific point that drove folks to either the A or B version of the Flieger?

The B dial is more unique, but I like that the A dial is cleaner and more versatile.
    SaoDavi likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I started by the A dial as I wanted a simpler dial.
    Now also considering also having a B dial.

A dial for me. Cleaner looks
    My collection changes so often I got tired of redoing my signature

A dial more versatile. B dial more unique. If you are new to watch collecting and whatever you buy will be your only watch for awhile then go for A as it can be smart casual, semi formal or even casual depends on the strap. Usually people buy A then B and that's also how the alphabet in sequence 🤣

Anyhow, ask yourself, what is the occasion you will wear this watch?

Although I wear B dial with a leather strap to work time to time, A time have the most wrist time.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

A-dial; preferably a hand-wound Flieger Original.

Barring that, the ETA hand wind, no-date movement is my preference. It's quick to set and nice to look at, though admittedly not as useful as an automatic with a date; but I have other watches for that.

I started with a B auto. It just looked too busy for my tastes--even the lume was a bit much (*GASP*). I switched to the A dial handwind. simpler taste now, I guess. As for the handwind, if you've never owned one, get one. completely subjective reason--but there's a small joy to be found in winding up a watch in the morning and throughout the day.
    SaoDavi likes this.
    WatchUSee is WatchIGot
    Casio - G-Shock GW-5000-1jf |
    Garmin - Forerunner 245 Music | Grand Seiko - Snowflake (SBGA011) | Longines - Master Collection (L2.673) | | MeisterSinger - Panagaea Day Date|Monta -Triumph | Nomos Glashutte - Club Datum | Orient - Mako mod | Rolex - Explorer I (214270 mk2) | Seiko - SKX007/09 mods | Stowa- Klassik Flieger

I've had both. The B dial is a bit more interesting but I dislike that the tail on the sweep second hand is black and does not match the other blue hands. The A dial is plainer but the blue of the hands is much more eye-catching, the long blue counter-balance on the sweep second hand is fantastic. The engraving costs extra. I purchased it for one watch but not the others. It is not noticeable on the wrist.

I generally prefer hand winding watches but not this manual watch - it is about one mm thinner than the auto version and the auto is already very thin and svelte.

My only real complaint was the old style strap was way too long on the tail side and wrapped too far around my 7.25" wrist (I tried to use short strap and could not wear it - too short). I wore mine on the new style rivet which is no longer on the site.

I ultimately flipped all three (bought the B dial twice) because the watches were a tad too small. I am hoping that someday Stowa will make the 2824 or 2801 available in the much more substantial 41mm case.

hidden830726 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SaoDavi View Post
    A-dial; preferably a hand-wound Flieger Original.

Barring that, the ETA hand wind, no-date movement is my preference. It's quick to set and nice to look at, though admittedly not as useful as an automatic with a date; but I have other watches for that.
    What he said:

Name:  fullsizeoutput_137e.jpeg
Views: 183
Size:  1,017.3 KB

Name:  fullsizeoutput_1477.jpeg
Views: 175
Size:  2.94 MB
    SaoDavi, Quartersawn, Fikk and 2 others like this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast