Any suggestions on a thick SS mesh bracelet for my Sportstop?
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Any suggestions on a thick SS mesh bracelet for my Sportstop?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Any suggestions on a thick SS mesh bracelet for my Sportstop?

I just received my Jorg Schauer Sportstop---just an awesome piece!! It came with a black leather deployment strap from Schauer and has the standard rubber deployment strap too. The thick, heavy Schauer 22mm SS mesh bracelet offered for sale is rather expensive at $450 retail. I know the bracelet(I had one on my last Schauer Kulisse) and it is terrific but I am not in a position to put anywere near that kind of money into that handmade bracelet. I am looking for an alternative in a 22mm thick SS mesh aftermarket bracelet and I am open to a modest priced alternative. Sure could use any suggestion that won't distract from the beauty and quality of the Schauer Sportstop.

Re: Any suggestions on a thick SS mesh bracelet for my Sportstop?

HI Gary,

are you sure that you want to put a mesh bracelet on the Sportstop ?!

There's a picture of the Sportstop in the Schauer catalogue (PDF-File on the homepage), where you can see the combo.

I have both, the Sportstop and the Artus bracelet. I've tried it several times on the Sportstop, but that combination doesn't work for me, I've always put the rubber strap back on. I like the Artus bracelet better with my Kulisse Chronos.

I like mesh bracelets a lot, but not for the Sportstop. If you like it, go for it, I just wanted to share my opinion, maybe it helps.

Greets,
    Andreas

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Galler
    I am looking for an alternative in a 22mm thick SS mesh aftermarket bracelet and I am open to a modest priced alternative. Sure could use any suggestion that won't distract from the beauty and quality of the Schauer Sportstop.
    Hi Gary,

have a look at Watchband.biz. They offer several nice mesh bracelets (made in Germany) at reasonable prices. Unfortunately I cannot tell you about the quality as I don't own one. I once intended to get me a Vollmer mesh bracelet for my Aristo Flieger but then decided that a dark brown Hirsch "Liberty Nature" would fit better (should arrive within the next week ).

If you should buy one please tell me about its quality and post some detailed pictures

Have a lot of fun with your new watch,
    Berserker

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Retired and living in the mountains of Northeast Pennsylvania

Two good sources for mesh bracelets (one already mentioned).

Watchband.biz (located in Germany so you may have customs duties to pay)
    http://www.watchband.biz/

Lonestarwatches (located in Texas, same German mesh bracelets)
    http://www.lonestarwatches.com/index.html?
    Steve

My favorite diver? Jessica Alba, of course!

stuffler,mike

Staib mesh 790 available through watchband.biz (which was already mentioned)

Fore more to see: www.staib.de
    Last edited by stuffler,mike; April 11th, 2006 at 14:46.

Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike
    Staib mesh 790 available through watchband.biz (which was already mentioned)

Fore more to see: www.staib.de
    I want to thank you all for your comments and suggestions. One reason I want to try an aftermarket bracelet at a lower cost is that if I do not like it much, I do not have the large investment in it. Unfortunately, since there is no one locally to go to to try the bracelet out, I have to buy one to try it. I will check out all the sites suggested and it is really appreciated. Gary

Good luck Gary.

Hope you find one you want.

Oh, I am so glad that I have an Artus - oh it was yours, I can send you a picture of it if you want:-D

Here's my Sinn EZM2 on a German Staib double deployant mesh bracelet from Lonestarwatches. They normally sell this bracelet for $159 ($153 from Watchbiz), but they have them on sale now for $119. B-)

These are stock photos, but this is what the back and clasp look like.

Quote Originally Posted by XTrooper
    Here's my Sinn EZM2 on a German Staib double deployant mesh bracelet from Lonestarwatches. They normally sell this bracelet for $159 ($153 from Watchbiz), but they have them on sale now for $119. B-)

Great pics and this bracelet looks very similar to the $450 one Jorg Schauer offers in the Artus. I am sure it is not handmade like the Schauer model is, but it may just do the trick for what I am after. Sure wish I would have had the forsight to keep my Artus bracelet, but at least I made my buddy happy selling it to him when I did. Had no idea I would end up owning this Sportstop but it was a deal no sane watch collector could have passed up.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information