Ar coating as an option?

Thread: Ar coating as an option?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ar coating as an option?

Just wondering what other stowa owners felt about ar coating. Sometimes when staring at my stowas I wonder what they would look like with ar coating. Since I just received them I have no desire to part with them long enough to find out. I probably should have asked if that was possible(for a fee) during my communication with stowa and purchasing the watch. Has anyone put ar on after they had it for a while?
    autos: Hamilton navy pioneer(sold), stowa partitio, precista prs-22, stowa airman(sold), stowa antea 365, marathon sar(sold), vostok amphibian(sold), black mako(sold), seiko 5 military, sinn 556a

quartz: maurice lacroix, swiss army field, wenger swiss military 2912x, marathon tsar, 2 mudmen, gulfman, breitling colt

hand wind: 1963 seagull chrono(sold), stowa partitio, helbros

Re: Ar coating as an option?

I am not a big fan of AR coating. For historic models it is not an accurate portrayal and in general it seems to scratch easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Zebra View Post
    I am not a big fan of AR coating. For historic models it is not an accurate portrayal and in general it seems to scratch easily.
    I understand the historical significance and I know there are others that feel the same way. But for those of us who purchased airmans with logo or airman w/date or antea 390(too big to be historical, unless you wore it in your pocket) already have strayed a bit from the accurate portrayal. I think you can avoid the scratching if applied only to the underside of the crystal. And I think if this was an option, Jorg would have another profitable service to offer.
    autos: Hamilton navy pioneer(sold), stowa partitio, precista prs-22, stowa airman(sold), stowa antea 365, marathon sar(sold), vostok amphibian(sold), black mako(sold), seiko 5 military, sinn 556a

quartz: maurice lacroix, swiss army field, wenger swiss military 2912x, marathon tsar, 2 mudmen, gulfman, breitling colt

hand wind: 1963 seagull chrono(sold), stowa partitio, helbros

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Can someone please provide a list of which, if any current Stowa models have AR treatment? (And if so, on which sides.)

Thanks!

"Historically accurate" or not, I find AR treatment adds both enjoyment and legibility to my watches. IMO Black dialled watched nearly require AR treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by BNF-CH View Post
    Can someone please provide a list of which, if any current Stowa models have AR treatment? (And if so, on which sides.)
    I don't believe any current Stowa models have AR coating.

MO romeon has internal AR coating on both crystals. I don't know about MO arabic.

Seatime and Prodiver both have internal AR coating.

Quote Originally Posted by slindeman View Post
    Seatime and Prodiver both have internal AR coating.
    Are you sure the Seatime has AR? It doesn't look like it to me. It doesn't have that blue reflection like other watches/glasses that have AR, it reflects a beam of light that my cat loves to chase lol.
    Last edited by apnk; April 17th, 2009 at 22:43.
    Rolex Explorer, Tudor Pelagos, Sinn EZM3

MO arabic appears to have AR coating on the inside. It certainly photographs a lot easier than my Airman.
    // Rob

Yes, I thnig MO arabic has also inside coating. Blue glare comes mainly from outside AR coating, Omega PO, which is idiotic idea, especially on any sport/diving watches. IMHO.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information