Bad news email re FO

Thread: Bad news email re FO

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Bad news email re FO

so anyone else got the email re the new balloting system for the FO?

sigh. this really sucks. waiting over a year, and now i have to ballot for the piece i want (swan neck caseback).

im curious, anyone here know what was the last number or range on the waiting list that got the watch befor ethe movement supply stopped? i.e. was it over 300 or still under 300.

also, for those on the list still want, would u guys settle for a non swan neck or non sapphire case version? bearing in mind there are only 70 pieces left for the sapphire csaebac with swan neck.
    Last edited by sk001; June 17th, 2009 at 10:23.
    Current Collection
    Grand Seiko Hi Beat
    Grand Seiko GMT Spring Drive
    Seiko Tuna SBBN007
    Rolex GMT 16700
    Sinn U1 Tempus Edition
    Omega Speedmaster AM/PM Mk 40
    Seiko Black Monster
    Casio G-Shock Frogman GW225C Master Blue
    Casio G-Shock Frogman GW200Z
    Stowa Airman Original
    Stowa MO LE

Re: Bad news email re FO

Unfortunately, they were stuck at #132. They have 70 FO with saphire case-back and swanneck, 60 without swanneck and 70 with a massive caseback. That means that delivery will stop at #332.

So unless you have a waiting number below or in the range of 332, you can all but forget about the FO.

To all that are disappointed may I point this thread out? There are still a few entries left.

Sponsor / Moderator

Hello everybody,

today we have send a newsletter to all customer who have reserved a Flieger Original.

We are not able at the moment to deliver all watches we have in preorder.

Here you can read the reasons.

http://www.stowa.de/fo.htm

Best regards

Your STOWA Team and Jörg Schauer

But all people who have prereserved and can´t get a watch will have the chance to win a Flieger Original in July

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Glad I didn't get my hopes up too much. I'm number 577 on the list so unless there are a whole lot of cancellations I won't get a watch this time. Hopefully STOWA will be able to source either the same or similar movements sometime in the future, at least they will respect the order of the original reservation list if/when that time comes.

I would also ask that people on the FO serial list get first priority to order any limited edition Fliegers that may be released in the future (like the limited edition 2801 Flieger from last year).

yes.. maybe with durowe movement. and i do hope they will give those who lost out this time priority.

i cant see how stowa can not have FO on its product list.. its such an iconic watch.

but sad to say this whole whole episode has made me look upon stowa far less rosily.
    Current Collection
    Grand Seiko Hi Beat
    Seiko Tuna SBBN007
    Rolex GMT 16700
    Sinn U1 Tempus Edition
    Seiko Black Monster
    Stowa Airman Original
    Stowa MO LE

MID

Bloody hell. I got the email. I'm #623 (October 2008.) I'm sorely disappointed. Unless 300 people opt out completely, there's almost no way (there is the raffle) for me to get an FO. I would hope that Stowa would give those of us who were on the list and who didn't get an FO first dibs on a future release or special edition or something. And I hope Stowa will keep us on the list in the event that movements can be sourced in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by sk001 View Post
    but sad to say this whole whole episode has made me look upon stowa far less rosily.
    Why is that? They are a small company that build watches on a small scale, not manufacture them. They simply put a number of pre-fabricated parts together if you like. So, if a company that makes the center-hack modification to the Unitas movement that you use stops doing so, it's the end of the line.

This has always been the case. So I wonder why you are looking at Stowa differently.

Makes me wonder if the recent ETA policy change has something to do with it or not. I would not think so, but you can't be sure. Is the ETA 6497 and 6498 still available to small companies? If yes, then why is it so hard to find a company that does the center-hack modification for you?
    The work itself is not that complicated, especially on the large 6497 movement.

Anyhoe, it's a shame that about 1000 watch lovers don't get their FO.

Quote Originally Posted by sk001 View Post
    Even though it is disappointing for those of us who will miss out, to be fair to Stowa, the reason for the delay was completely out of their control (and sad for the movement finisher's family). I admire Stowa for being upfront about the situation and trying to find the fairest solution for everybody, and also for keeping us all informed.

A small company like Stowa will not give up over 1 million euros worth of orders lightly so I am sure they will do their best to get the FO back onto their model range.

I am order No. 1166.

Even though I knew it was not something that was "around the corner" I still am a little bummed out about it.

I am willing to wait whatever time needed in order to get a FO. Hopefully they can either find more of the unitas movements some where or maybe begin using another, similar movement. I just don't see how Stowa can just stop producing their most iconic watch.

I really hope I eventually end up with one of these watches.
    Last edited by *El Ocho 1*; June 17th, 2009 at 14:39.
    Rolex GMT Master II BLNR "Batman"
    Omega Speedmaster Pro 3573.50
    Omega Seamaster Cosmic c.1968
    Oris Williams F1 Day/Date
    Oris LE 1945 Flight Timer
    Stowa Marine Original
    Stowa 2801 HW Flieger
    Longines Conquest Heritage
    Longines Grande Vitesse GMT Chrono
    Longines Hydroconquest Blue
    Longines 1972 Vintage
    Seiko SKX009
    Seiko SARB017 Alpinist
    Steinhart Ocean Vintage Military
    Steinhart Ocean One Vintage Dual Time

Friends don't let friends buy Invicta

Quote Originally Posted by einstein View Post
    Why is that? They are a small company that build watches on a small scale, not manufacture them. They simply put a number of pre-fabricated parts together if you like. So, if a company that makes the center-hack modification to the Unitas movement that you use stops doing so, it's the end of the line.
    i can understand the issue they are having with movements.. but as an earlier posted highlighted, the last no that was delivered was around 132. i ordered mine in april last year. my no was 399 i think. the movement issue only surfaced recently, so even before that came up, they already had a huge backlog of orders that they were not able to keep up with. even with the movement thing, i still dont know why they cant secure an alternative supplier. they are not the only company making a flieger with handwinding centre seconds.

they should have closed this list much earlier to keep delivery times within reasonable expectations.

. at least not so many people would be dissapointed, but right now, thats about 1000 dissapointed customers.
    Last edited by sk001; June 17th, 2009 at 15:01.
    Current Collection
    Grand Seiko Hi Beat
    Seiko Tuna SBBN007
    Rolex GMT 16700
    Sinn U1 Tempus Edition
    Seiko Black Monster
    Stowa Airman Original
    Stowa MO LE