Bad news for those STILL waiting for the FO

Thread: Bad news for those STILL waiting for the FO

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bad news for those STILL waiting for the FO

Have been in contact with Stowa today regarding my FO, as it was meant to arrive by the end of July. If you are one of those still waiting get ready for some MORE bad news ........

Dear Mr.xxxxxxx,

you are one of our coming owner of the limited Flieger Original (airman original) watch we are working on.

Unfortunately we have had a lot of problems with the production of the airman original.

Some parts we have to made needs lot more time than we supposed.
    (i think you already now from the discussions in the watchuseek forum or from the corrospondence with our staff)

Most of the limited watches are delivered but now we are faced another problem.

We "lost" the complete restproduction of our balance bridge we have modified

For this reason we have to ask you if you are willing to make a change in your order - so that we can deliver the limited Edition before summer holidays.

We can offer to deliver your watch with the new balance bridge we have received a few weeks ago - this balance bridge has Code de Geneve like the rest of the movement!
    (please see attached Picture 1)

If you agree with this modification we can offer you of course, to change the balance bridge after the german summer holidays if you want.
    (to the special made balance bridge in gold color and engraving)

If you want to have the changed balance bridge we have to produce new ones after the german summer holidays at the end of august.

Before summer we are not able to receive this parts.
    (the changing of this part in your watch can be during september)

Please think about this offer and if you agree with this modification we can guarantee to ship your watch in the next 2 weeks.

But please be also advised that we can offer after the summer holidays 2 different style of our Flieger Original
    The serial watch will be in 2 different versions.

1 - Basic
    This watch will include the Unitas 6497 with Code de Geneva, blued screws and screw balance
    (Picture 2)
    - massive caseback and one old style leatherstrap in brown or black

Price: Euro 990.- (incl. German VAT) without German VAT: 850.- Euro

2 - Special
    This watch will have a sapphire crystal caseback to see the movement:
    Unitas 6497 with Code de Geneva, blued screws and screw balance and swan neg regulating system
    (Picture 1)
    - massive caseback available (for additional costs of Euro 99.-)

Price: Euro 1.190.- (incl. German VAT), without German VAT: 1020.-.- Euro

Please be advised that i am personaly, Jörg Schauer, are very sorry to tell you this situation.

Something like this never happened in my 19 years of handcrafted watchmaking.

On the other hand we hope that you will find our offer very interesting.

If you decide to get your limited watch with the new balance bridge (and if you don´t want to change after summer to the golden balance bridge!) we can give you another two extras.

1 - You will get a new strap for free, it is a new airman strap, also in the old style but with a special design.
    (Picture 3)

The official price is Euro 60.- and we will give it to you for free.
    (so we will get the two included "normal straps" and this handcrafted special and unique strap)

2 - we reduce the price for euro 100.-

Please let us know as soon as possible if you want to have your watch with this new balance bridge and for the reduced price.

I have not posted the photos as I'm at work, but the cheap version being offered looks CHEAP!!

I want what I paid for and everybody else has got already ...SO THE WAIT GOES ON!! ......roll on September
    Neal

If you can't have the watch you love, love the watch you have..

Re: Bad news for those STILL waiting for the FO

I didn't get the pictures with my email. I agree that this is very unfortunate.

Can any else post the pictures that accompany this email?

Thanks,
    Daniel

I am SPEECHLESS

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I read Joerg's email couple of times and maybe I am too stupid, but I don't really get what he meant. I just want to get the same thing as the rest have gotten. And now why suddenly I have to pay for additional Euro 99 for massive case back?? I thought it was part of the package??

This is really a major blow to those who are waiting for FO for more than 1.5 years. Delay after delay, and now such things happened. I will stay with my old order and will wait till September. Will it be finally delivered in September? Let's wait and see

As far as I can tell, the only difference is whether you want to wait for the gold balance bridge, which they seem to have "lost" and need to have remade (taking us into September for delivery?), or have the standard balance bridge in place of it. I don't think there are any other differences.

If you choose the standard balance bridge you can have it switched out later once they have them remade, or you can keep it and receive an extra strap and discount.

I definitely prefer the gold balance bridge, myself. But I'm not sure yet whether I will have them make the watch with the standard and just return it, or live with it.

In any case, this is very disappointing again, in what has been a frustrating process of delays, and I think those still waiting ought to receive something (discount, strap, I don't know) as a good faith compensation whether we choose the standard bridge or upgraded gold bridge.

Best to all,
    Daniel

Daniel and Hary

On first reading of the e-mail I thought we were being charged an extra 99 Euros for the massive caseback, but on second reading, I think he means its an additional 99 Euros on the "Basic" price, I have paid in full and there is NO WAY I'm paying any extra.

I want the watch as I have from day one, but this has been the most painful and frustrating watch purchase in over ten years of collecting. With this additional delay I think we should be due something, as Jorg has been receiving interest on our money for the last four months !!

Neal
    Last edited by Flashharry; July 14th, 2008 at 15:58.
    Neal

I am speechless as well!!
    Very dissapointed this time round...I have just email Jorg back after i received his email today, telling him how dissapointed i am.
    I did not accept the offer, but will continue to wait on, as i do prefer the ORIGINAL, as it meant to be. It is not fair for others still waiting... i think Jorg should consider the offer for compensation for people who continue to wait on.
    KV
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    IWC FliergerChronograph
    Oris Artelier Centennial World Timer Ltd Ed.
    Oris TT1 diver Meistertaucher regulateur.
    Oris Big Crown Pointer Date
    Maurice Lacroix Calypso.
    Stowa Antea with Date
    Stowa FO 75/80
    Archimede M Pilot
    Aristo Apucto HP6 manual wind
    Longines Conquest Automatic
    Steinhart Big Pilot manual wind
    Omega Deville Coaxial Chronometer

I have paid in full since mid of March as well. The options that he offered confused me. I only want the ORIGINAL FO LE. While offering customers additional options might be one solution to ease the frustation of waiting, but it dilutes the value of FO LE as there are more than one type of FO LE floating around. Just my 0.02

I am also very disappointed. I did decide to wait. After all this time, I want to get the original watch that I ordered. As I read the email, if we wait, we will get the original watch, without any additional charge.

My fear is that we will wait and then in the end, still not get the watch we ordered.

Quote Originally Posted by dleibow View Post
    I am also very disappointed. I did decide to wait. After all this time, I want to get the original watch that I ordered. As I read the email, if we wait, we will get the original watch, without any additional charge.

My fear is that we will wait and then in the end, still not get the watch we ordered.

If that happens my friend then we can sue, under European law we have paid in full for the watch as it was originally described and that is what we are entitled , but I don't think it will come to that.....fingers crossed.

I am waiting to get what I have paid for, the "Special" and I will not accept any second best offer.
    Last edited by Flashharry; July 14th, 2008 at 15:56.
    Neal

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information