Bad times...
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Bad times...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bad times...

As you'll know my TO2 arrived on Thursday and I was very very happy. The watch is beautiful and it really didn't disappoint at all, and I wore it constantly until Sunday afternoon. I say Sunday afternoon but I should have taken it off earlier as it is such an uncomfortable watch to wear. My Tag Carrera has been on my wrist for about 7 years and it never occurred to me that a watch could be uncomfortable to wear, as it was almost unnoticeable and just did its job of telling the time and looking good. The Stowa does both of those, but I was constantly moving its position on my wrist as the beautiful onion crown kept digging into the back of my hand. I know I like my watches loose and wear them low down on my wrist but I can't wear a watch that hurts me, no matter how beautiful it is.

What a nightmare, I don't know what to do - do I sell it? Or just put it away and revisit wearing it in the future? It's such a shame, I'm really disappointed.

Re: Bad times...

Quote Originally Posted by BoxClever View Post
    As you'll know my TO2 arrived on Thursday and I was very very happy. The watch is beautiful and it really didn't disappoint at all, and I wore it constantly until Sunday afternoon. I say Sunday afternoon but I should have taken it off earlier as it is such an uncomfortable watch to wear. My Tag Carrera has been on my wrist for about 7 years and it never occurred to me that a watch could be uncomfortable to wear, as it was almost unnoticeable and just did its job of telling the time and looking good. The Stowa does both of those, but I was constantly moving its position on my wrist as the beautiful onion crown kept digging into the back of my hand. I know I like my watches loose and wear them low down on my wrist but I can't wear a watch that hurts me, no matter how beautiful it is.

What a nightmare, I don't know what to do - do I sell it? Or just put it away and revisit wearing it in the future? It's such a shame, I'm really disappointed.
    Frustrating for sure, sorry to hear that. Sounds like what I experienced with my marathon tsar...definitely not fun!

Maybe you could try contacting Stowa for possible return or exchange... not sure of their policies but worth a look. Otherwise maybe see if they can change the crown for a different one that digs into your wrist less? Worst case you can of course flip it, but hopefully that won't be needed.
    Last edited by sefrcoko; September 12th, 2016 at 23:56.

That's strange. All wrist are different but I've never had an issue with discomfort with my TO1 or when I had a TO2. The crown does have a sharper edge than most but I absolutely love how it looks and never had it dig into my wrist.

If you like everything else about the watch, I'd contact Stowa and see if they can change the crown to that of the Flieger Sport, as I believe they share the same case. It also looks nice but has a wrist-friendlier shape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    On Instagram @joes_watches

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Wear the watch above your wrist bone.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxon007 View Post
    That! And try the rubber strap, my Flieger GMT was super comfortable, even on my skinny wrist.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Banned

Just keep wearing it and after a while you won't notice it digging into your hand anymore. I wear all of my watches low and loose and some of them are large diametre (>= 45mm) and have huge crowns. I don't notice them digging into my hand anymore. I am actually starting to develop a callous on the back of my hand. :)

No pain no gain.

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

No problem here with TO2 but I admit, my wearing habit is different to yours.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Ugh, nothing worse than a crown that digs into your hand, and there's no way of telling which one it will be! I have a Bernardt that is far from my largest watch, but digs in. It's going on the sale block shortly, as I never wear it in part because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxon007 View Post
    I know we all wear watches differently, but for those of us who wear it near the wrist bone...wearing it higher feels like having your pants hiked up to your armpits... Just doesn't feel right ;)

I think asking Stowa to substitute an onion crown like the FKS is the best way to go.
    Seeking watch nirvana

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information