Baselworld 2011 Report - Stowa visit
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Bhanu Chopra

Thread: Baselworld 2011 Report - Stowa visit

Watchuseek Journalist Bhanu Chopra's Avatar

Baselworld 2011 Report - Stowa visit

For the past several years I have visited Basel show and the first and last watch company I visit is always Stowa. I look forward to the visit each year and Mr. Schauer & Mrs. Hafner never disappointed me. Ofcourse, I also end up placing an order each year

This year was the same. When I read Mr. Schauer’s post prior to the Basel visit, honestly, I was not all that excited to see the same chronograph I have on my wrist in a black dial with date or a chronograph Pilots watch. I was curious about the Durowe movement.

The Durowe movement and the silver dial Marine watch lived up to my expectation. I had seen this watch last year as well and it looked great this year as well. I am still hoping for a special finishing of the movement.

The calendar posters of the Durowe movement posted all around the walls were very impressive. I think this calendar “accessory” will be very popular. The artist did a fantastic job.

Next, I saw the Pilots chronograph. I had read some comments before the show and I had similar feelings that I am not sure what to make of this watch. Then I saw several Pilots chronograph at the show and they all looked alike – whether they had three or two sub-dials and PVD all black or rose gold. Stowa’s Pilot chronograph stood out. It is clean, minimalistic, and functional.

Then I saw the black chronograph with date. I was blown away even though I had the same chronograph in different dial on my wrist. I should warn you that the pictures you see on the forum and in the Stowa shop come out much differently than the reality! The bronze numerals and hands on black dial are very stealthy. You cannot tell the time from far away but more than legible for the person wearing the watch. It fit my suit perfectly. Within the first 5 minutes I placed my order.

Having the set of both watches is like having Day and Night watches. Last year’s chronograph matches more the relaxed weekend lifestyle with jeans. The black chronograph fits the formal suit or club jacket attire. If you thinking of buying this watch I’d recommend getting it on a black croco strap or the steel mesh strap.

I liked the Schauer Edition 12 very much again for its understated style and superior finish

My colleague David, who has been taking all the pictures during the show, was comparing the Antea, Marine, and the Antea KS models. As someone new to the watch world he was immediately impressed by the quality, design, and pricing of Stowa watches.

Stowa Basel visit is never complete without a nice cold beer

Cheers, Bhanu
    Top Cat and smuggled_sheep like this.

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Re: Baselworld 2011 Report - Stowa visit

Thanks Bhanu for sharing your pics with us. I really missed to meet up with Jörg and you. The Schauer chrono looks good on your wrist
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Thanks for the report and the pictures.

Much appreciated.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I like Schauer's shirt best of all, looks like it's rhodium plated or something.
    "I AM WATCHYMAN, AND I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE"

Great pictures, much appreciated!
    vincesf

Bhanu, thanks for the report and the pictures.

A bit suprised we haven't yet seen any further pics of the Flieger Chrono at Basel. Guess I will have to wait until my order arrives :)

the Flieger Chrono is one sweet looking watch.
    "It is the hour of pearl—the interval between day and night when time stops and examines itself."
    -j. steinbeck

UJU

Great report. Thanks for sharing.
    The quality of decision is like the well-timed swoop of a falcon. -Sun Tzu

LinkBacks (?)

Thread Information