Been sucked into the Stowa world

Thread: Been sucked into the Stowa world

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Been sucked into the Stowa world

I have been lurking around WUS for a for a few months and have finally decided to go for a Stowa 365 (maybe with a dark brown croc strap).

So unless one shows up for sale in the next week or so ... off to the Stow shop it is.

It has been an interesting education. I came to this purchase with some assumptions and I feel more informed in some ways, but also more cautious in others.

I am part-thrilled about this planned first "proper" purchase and part-concerned that I haven't even purchased it yet and am already thinking crap like "hmmm the Stowa is great for my everyday work use since I wear a suit, but I need a weekend watch ... that Damasko DA36 looks quite nice ... oh wait there's a DA56 on sale ... since I will need something anyway if the price is right ...".

Not good. I feel a strange desire to ... buy ... many ... watches ... can't stop .... Help me ....

Re: Been sucked into the Stowa world

Welcome to the sickness that is watch collecting.

I have an Antea KS that should be ready to ship in about 3 weeks, I am also on the waiting list for the FO.

Not to mention that with the next decent sized pay out from a poker tournament that I get I will probably get either an Omega PO or Speedmaster.

yep, it is a sick, sick habit. But as I tell my wife: "Hey, at least I'm not addicted to hookers!"
    Rolex GMT Master II BLNR "Batman"
    Omega Speedmaster Pro 3573.50
    Omega Seamaster Cosmic c.1968
    Oris Williams F1 Day/Date
    Oris LE 1945 Flight Timer
    Stowa Marine Original
    Stowa 2801 HW Flieger
    Longines Conquest Heritage
    Longines Grande Vitesse GMT Chrono
    Longines Hydroconquest Blue
    Longines 1972 Vintage
    Seiko SKX009
    Seiko SARB017 Alpinist
    Steinhart Ocean Vintage Military
    Steinhart Ocean One Vintage Dual Time

Friends don't let friends buy Invicta

Welcome to this horological madness. It starts that way, then gets even more interesting. We are here to help you every step of the way. ..;>)

Choosing a Stowa is a good idea.

Glen

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I am confident (fingers, toes and other appendages crossed) that I will stop at the Stowa 365 and the Damasko DA36 as my alternating watches! I intend to get lots of use out of any watch(es) I buy ... and not having much disposable income should help.

Being too lazy to flip will be huge advantage as well ....

PS ... if you do want to "help" me, do feel free to draw may attention to any DA36 on sale.
    Last edited by zetec786; May 21st, 2009 at 17:14.

stuffler,mike

Welcome to the Official Jörg Schauer & Stowa Forum and welcome to Watchuseek as well

Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    Welcome to the Official Jörg Schauer & Stowa Forum and welcome to Watchuseek as well

I do believe you are baiting me

1. If I go to the Thames River by the houses of Parliament will if find this sexy Stowa just sitting there enjoying the view?
    2. just because I have FIRMLY decided on my next purchases do you really think you can make me waiver ... I do not need to review my decisions anymore ...
    3. By the way that' s a nice Stowa ... I wonder how it compares to the Damasko DA36 ... NO! Don't answer that.
    I will not waver ....

stuffler,mike

Quote Originally Posted by zetec786 View Post
    I do believe you are baiting me

1. If I go to the Thames River by the houses of Parliament will if find this sexy Stowa just sitting there enjoying the view?
    2. just because I have FIRMLY decided on my next purchases do you really think you can make me waiver ... I do not need to review my decisions anymore ...
    3. By the way that' s a nice Stowa ... I wonder how it compares to the Damasko DA36 ... NO! Don't answer that.
    I will not waver ....
    A DA 36 ?

DA36 yummy ...

I thought you might be trying to get me to reconsider my future DA36 by posting the picture of that gorgeous Sinn by the river ... but I am firm.

stuffler,mike

Quote Originally Posted by zetec786 View Post
    DA36 yummy ...

I thought you might be trying to get me to reconsider my future DA36 by posting the picture of that gorgeous Sinn by the river ... but I am firm.
    Not by the river.....

just do it...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information