Bezel Change-Pro Diver

Thread: Bezel Change-Pro Diver

Bezel Change-Pro Diver

I am going to order a black bezel for this watch and try it. I hope the bezel change process will not have me scratch the watch. I saw the video but I am not the best with these things. Also, has anyone gone from the bracelet to the rubber band with the Stowa Pro Diver . Is it just a process of unscrewing the screws or is there more to it. I think this watch would look good with the rubber strap or the black bezel. Stephen

https://www.instagram.com/whichwatchsk/

Re: Bezel Change-Pro Diver

if you follow the movie indications, which I did, you sould be good.
    I also changed the bezel to black and consequently the strap to rubber - unscrew-screw-done; be sure to have the right tools so as not scratch the case; and yes black bezel black strap and 'yellow' face can only be a looker....congrats
    Chris
    ChristianS
    C3SSK, C4SST, C5AKK, C5AWT, C6LE5,
    Stowa Antea Creme, Stowa Seatime Blue, STOWA PRODIVER LIMETTE, Stowa MO arabic/brushed, Stowa Antea Black, Stowa Seatime Black, Stowa Flieger LE 2801 - 45/100; JS Watch-Islandus45, Aristo Sextant; Dievas Divergraph; Vostok Europe Diver GMT; Seiko Diver; Nautica; Tissot SevenStar; ZentRa

Bezel Change Pro-Diver

I took a look athe the video on changing the bezel of the pro diver and am a bit unsure about doing it as I dont want to wreck my watch. To those of you that have changed bezels, what is the easiest way to do it. the video talked about a spring that has to be removed and then reinserted in the new bezel. How do I avoid scratching the case of the watch while doing this . Thanks for your help. Stephen

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Just put a couple of pieces of masking tape on the corner of the case, just like MarkJnk's video shows. That will protect the case from scratches. Then use a knife or similar flat blade to pry up the bezel, it will pop off.

It is very very easy to do, don't worry! The spring is basically flat and it fits snugly into the inside of the bezel so you are unlikely to lose it. It pops right out and you stick it into the new bezel making sure to line up the tiny little tabs on either side. Then place it over the crystal making sure the tabs are lined up at 3 and 9 and then press firmly and squarely down keeping pressure as even as possible. It will click right onto the watch. Once you do it a couple of times you can change a bezel out in about 10 seconds.
    Rotating on my wrist this month: Stowa Blue WatchTime Flieger, Sinn EZM9, Sinn T1, Sinn 556 Blue, Stowa Antea LE Polish Forums, Stowa Verus 40, Damasko DS30 greenie, Sinn U1, Stowa Antea Klassik KS Rose, Nomos Tangente Silvercut

If you ever get tired of that watch and want to trade or sell do let me know.
    Rotating on my wrist this month: Stowa Blue WatchTime Flieger, Sinn EZM9, Sinn T1, Sinn 556 Blue, Stowa Antea LE Polish Forums, Stowa Verus 40, Damasko DS30 greenie, Sinn U1, Stowa Antea Klassik KS Rose, Nomos Tangente Silvercut

Hi Peter. I know I sound like an idiot but where are the tabs? On the bezel or on the case? Is it best to get a new spring for each bezel? Thanks stephen

Peter, do you have the latest version of the Airman Original that was limited. Any pictures of it? Let me know if you no longer want it. Thanks for all of your assistance. I appreciate it. Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by watchsk View Post
    Hi Peter. I know I sound like an idiot but where are the tabs? On the bezel or on the case? Is it best to get a new spring for each bezel? Thanks stephen
    Once you get the bezel off, you will clearly see how the spring fits in place. You do not need a spring for each bezel.

Trust me (I did the video), it is easy. Just use a few pieces of masking tape on the 2:00 corner, slide a nice thin (but strong) blade under the bezel and twist. I use a small swiss army blade. When you twist it will pop off and you'll say ... "gee that was easy". Only two parts, bezel and spring. Can't really do much wrong.

Mark

I just swapped the bezel...

on my Prodiver and it literally took less than 30 seconds. Absolutely no damage to the watch.

Thread Information