Can somebody tell me the difference between the FO models?

Thread: Can somebody tell me the difference between the FO models?

Can somebody tell me the difference between the FO models?

The FO that I'm interested in (and I know that it has long been sold out) has a thicker case with the 6497 movement (with swan neck). Could somebody help answer some of my questions?

1. How much thicker is this FO case compared to the standard auto that is currently available?
    2. Did this particular FO come with both casebacks or was there a choice?
    3. Is a clear caseback still available separately from Jorge if the FO came with the solid caseback?
    4. What was the list price of the watch?

I ask this last question because I don't have a reference point for the pre-owned market which seem all over the place in terms of asking prices. Please PM me if price is not supposed to be discussed.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by breukelenvr6; August 16th, 2009 at 09:47. Reason: more questions

Re: Can somebody tell me the difference between the FO models?

You can find all the answers if you do search here. Here you be able to dig several threads on this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by breukelenvr6 View Post
    The FO that I'm interested in (and I know that it has long been sold out) has a thicker case with the 6497 movement (with swan neck). Could somebody help answer some of my questions?

1. How much thicker is this FO case compared to the standard auto that is currently available?
    2. Did this particular FO come with both casebacks or was there a choice?
    3. Is a clear caseback still available separately from Jorge if the FO came with the solid caseback?
    4. What was the list price of the watch?

I ask this last question because I don't have a reference point for the pre-owned market which seem all over the place in terms of asking prices. Please PM me if price is not supposed to be discussed.

Thanks in advance!
    1. I believe the FO has the same case thickness as the MO. Go to the STOWA site and check it out there

i)The FO was first available as a limited edition that came with both casebacks.

ii)The first 130 or so of the serial edition were available with a choice of display back, solid back or both and also came with a choice of swan neck or not. Only STOWA would know what choices folk made for these watches.

iii) Once the movement supply became problematic STOWA offered up approximately 70 FOs with swan neck and a display back (FO1), another 60 without swan neck and display back (FO2) and 70 without swan neck and a solid caseback (FO3). These are not due to be delivered until the Decemeber time frame.

So a limited edition will always have a swan neck and both case backs (and an additional gold colored bridge). A serial edition that is currently on sale can come with any combination of display back or solid back or both and swan neck or not.

3. You'd have to ask STOWA, but the implication is not at the moment. The way the remaining FOs were allocated seemed to indicate that STOWA was anticipating the display back to be the most popular choice and were making all their on hand stock available. I could be wrong however. There is also a high probablility (though not certainty) that a FO with a solid caseback does not have a swan neck regulator (certainly the FO3s which will be available in December do not)

4. No idea on the LE price. As mentioned the first 130 or so serial edition watches could have a number of different options (different casebacks or swan neck) so not sure on the pricing. The pricing for the remaining 200 serials is here http://www.stowa.de/fo.htm

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

- Thickness is 13.4 mm with display back (FO L.E.)

- Price was 1190,- Euro (incl. 19% VAT) for the L.E.; including both backs, three straps, a tool for changing the back ("Blue Ball") and a booklet describing the development and the historical roots of the FO.

........and not to forget: It's a dream come true ,

Volker

Quote Originally Posted by ufc75 View Post
    You can find all the answers if you do search here. Here you be able to dig several threads on this topic.
    I tried the search function but older threads are cycled out, so I couldn't find all the answers...

dc_in_sf & brainless --

Thank you -- I appreciate the time taken to respond. I wouldn't have known about F01, F02, etc. and this is precisely the reason I had to ask.

To me, the Stowa FO is iconic and representative of the fliegers of past and something that is real keeper if I can manage to find one for a reasonable price. I once had the standard automatic but found the case somewhat diminutive. I think the FO fixes that.

I was lucky enough to be able to order a swan neck sapphire back serial FO. I believe the price was 1500 USD after the exchange and shipping.

There is quite a demand for these watches right now at least, but have not seen any for sale yet. I am guessing they would go for at least $2,000 due to the number of people that want them. I am pretty sure a few hundred people were cut off of the list due to the issues Stowa ran into.
    COLLECTION:
    Stowa FO SE Swan Neck (12/11 delivery)
    G-Shock G9000 Stormtrooper, GW-1500
    Movado SE
    Omega Planet Ocean 45.5
    Tag Heuer 2000 Automatic
    One day: Omega Speedmaster

here's a photo of my Fleiger Original LE

Neal

If you can't have the watch you love, love the watch you have..

Quote Originally Posted by crock921 View Post
    There is quite a demand for these watches right now at least, but have not seen any for sale yet. I am guessing they would go for at least $2,000 due to the number of people that want them. I am pretty sure a few hundred people were cut off of the list due to the issues Stowa ran into.
    I believe that there were over 1,300 people on the waiting list - a friend of mine signed up a couple of weeks before the list was closed and he was number 1,298.

Thread Information