Can't decide, MO or Antea 390

Thread: Can't decide, MO or Antea 390

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Can't decide, MO or Antea 390

So yesterday I ordered both

MO, White, Polished, Arabic, on Black Nappa (plus butterfly clasp) Just love the look and the Caliber, bloody work of art.

Antea 390, white, auto on Milanese, i like simple classic design and have allways admired the bauhaus watches, was torn betwween Nomos, Muhle Glashutte, Stowa ticked more of the boxes, be a long wait, but worth it.

Already ammended my order, orginally ordered the MO with roman numerals, but changed my mind, sent an email asking, and prompt reply from Luisa saying OK order changed!!! Great service, and all on trust, not a penny changed hands yet, refreshing in this day and age, they deserve to succeed.

I'll post pics when i get them.

Re: Can't decide, MO or Antea 390

Hi - I had a similar dilemma - looked at the MO to begin with, then fell for the Antea range, got sidetracked by the Nomos, but in the end have come back to the Antea. I think you've made the right choice. I wasn't sure whether or not to go for the 390 or 365 and have settled with the 365 now - a step down in size will make a nice change, I think. I'm also just deciding whether or not to go for the Chronomter movement - and whether that's worth it or not...........the 2824 - 2 is a pretty reliable and solid movement anyway, which operates well within COSC specs - looks like you're paying just for the additional decoration - hmmmm. Will also probably order the deployant clasp and maybe a spare strap in a different colour (going for classic black so may order a dark broiwn as an option ).

Anyway - they look beautiful watches and after mulling this over for some time - I think I'm set!

I don't think you'll regret going for the 390 over the MO - the Antea range for me, have more of a timeless look about them - very clean and just gorgeous!

Be sure to post pics when yours arrives :)

Minutes are the Milestones of Aviation - Fred, in 'Fools and Birds Fly'

Dear whifferdill,

There is more to the COSC then just addition decoration! All 2824-2 COSC movements are top grade, thus have improved parts over the Elabore grade movement. There are threads here on wus that can better help you.

Good Luck,

Ren

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by whifferdill View Post
    Hi - I had a similar dilemma - looked at the MO to begin with, then fell for the Antea range, got sidetracked by the Nomos, but in the end have come back to the Antea. I think you've made the right choice. I wasn't sure whether or not to go for the 390 or 365 and have settled with the 365 now - a step down in size will make a nice change, I think. I'm also just deciding whether or not to go for the Chronomter movement - and whether that's worth it or not...........the 2824 - 2 is a pretty reliable and solid movement anyway, which operates well within COSC specs - looks like you're paying just for the additional decoration - hmmmm. Will also probably order the deployant clasp and maybe a spare strap in a different colour (going for classic black so may order a dark broiwn as an option ).

Anyway - they look beautiful watches and after mulling this over for some time - I think I'm set!

I don't think you'll regret going for the 390 over the MO - the Antea range for me, have more of a timeless look about them - very clean and just gorgeous!

Be sure to post pics when yours arrives :)
    thanks for the reply, was thinking i smelled bad :)

I too liked the nomos, but too pricey for what it is, and a little small for me, and the price for the Tangomat is too much, I have an 8 inch wrist, and it looks normal with a Tissot 516PRS Valjoux at 45mm, the tangente or antea 365 would look too small on my wrist.

Having spent months deliberating i couldn't decide between the MO or Antea 390, so i've ordered both, just haven;t told my wife yet :) I went for the Auto 390, polished with white face arabic and a milanese strap, and I've also ordered the MO again polished arabic white face, with the black nappa strap, and i can't wait, there is just so much elegant timeless quality with the Stowas, I'm saving for a chrono next, I don;t usually like gold/silver watches, but the chrono is gorgeous.

Re the COSC i think i'm in agreement with you, 260 euros so they can stick it in a box for 15 days and issue a certificate, besides lifes too short to measure time too accurately :)
    260 euros would buy me a nice couple of extra straps and be far more useful

We should get ours around the same time then, so be nice to see your pics too.

I would (and did) go for the COSC movement (on my flieger). First, as Renisin already pointed out, there is a lot more to this movement upgrade than just the decoration. Many of the key bits have significantly upgraded parts. Second, have you seen the decoration up close? It is nothing to sneeze at - pretty amazing! Finally, I like knowing it's there when I strap the watch on. It's a luxury item in the first place, why not spoil yourself just a bit more and know you've got the best of the best on your wrist?

Last edited by JarrodS; July 10th, 2011 at 06:24.

You hit the nail on the head, if your going to do it ,do it right!!!!!! I should have that exact watch in the next week or so!!! I dare anyone to show me a better watch for the money, it cann't be done! Hell, there are lots of watches costing much more that are much less!!! Jarrod you hit a home run.

Ren

@ The Professor:

Here you see both versions to be compared in one pic:

brainless

Hi brainless, thanks for the pic, my comment about them being stuck in a box for 15 days was a bit tongue in cheek. But my point was while the cosc was better quality, the elabore is hardly low rent and better than the standard used by most others at more money

Saying that seeing them side by side like that you are tempting me to change my order, you're a bad man. :).

Quote Originally Posted by brainless View Post
    @ The Professor:

Here you see both versions to be compared in one pic:

brainless

.........you're a bad man.
    You aren't the first to say that.......

Do you want some more teasing pics? Have a look here:

Marines

Volker

Quote Originally Posted by brainless View Post
    You aren't the first to say that.......

Do you want some more teasing pics? Have a look here:

Marines

Volker

Thanks Volker, now my children will go without food and shelter, no shoes, no clothes and no roof over their head (nah i'm kidding) ahh what the hell, in for a penny, in for a pound, I have emailed Stowa and asked if they will amend my Antea to a COSC movement, hopefully as my order is only a week old they will be able to comply. :D I probably would have regretted not doing it anyway.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information