Carbon Dial For Provider

Thread: Carbon Dial For Provider

Carbon Dial For Provider

I am expecting to get my "pay request" e-mail any day now for my Prodiver (even though it doesn't matter...the COSC version ). Right now I have ordered the black dial with the Orange and Black hand set, but I was just surfing for pics (to kill some "Waiting time") and came across some pictures of the Carbon dial on a German site. I have to say, getting a close up look at that dial made me consider contacting Jorg and changing my order while there is still time. I will get what I like best regardless of responses, but it made me wonder what you guys think of the carbon dial (I was thinking with the red bezel)? Maybe I would appreciate it more in a few years if they stop offering that version, or if Carbon catches on as a new thing. Also, is the "Stowa" logo on the Carbon dial applied or painted? Thanks.

Re: Carbon Dial For Provider

Not an expert, but I think carbon dials are kind of the current/past few years big thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Conch View Post
    I am expecting to get my "pay request" e-mail any day now for my Prodiver (even though it doesn't matter...the COSC version ). Right now I have ordered the black dial with the Orange and Black hand set, but I was just surfing for pics (to kill some "Waiting time") and came across some pictures of the Carbon dial on a German site. I have to say, getting a close up look at that dial made me consider contacting Jorg and changing my order while there is still time. I will get what I like best regardless of responses, but it made me wonder what you guys think of the carbon dial (I was thinking with the red bezel)? Maybe I would appreciate it more in a few years if they stop offering that version, or if Carbon catches on as a new thing. Also, is the "Stowa" logo on the Carbon dial applied or painted? Thanks.
    Watches: Stowa MO, Matte/onion crown, No. 2065; Helson Skindiver, Orange No date, No. 018; Orient Mako Blue Ray. Wish list: Breitling Superocean Heritage 42; PAM 177; Aqua Terra 2500 caliber; Speedy Broad Arrow; AirKing black dial, gold indices; 1960s Seamaster and many more.

"They brought me up to the Brooklyn Dodgers, which at that time was in Brooklyn," Casey Stengel.

Dear Conch,

Always get what you like!!! But with that said, my next watch is the ProDiver,carbon dial, with the COSC movement!!! It really talks to me and is at the top of my list. I will wait a little longer to order it so it coinsides with my end of the year bonus!! You are right to get the COSC as it will only add to its value. Stowa plans to stop offering the COSC movement at the end of the year. I was told by Stowa that they may offer the Top movement in place of the COSC movement. The only difference between the two is the certification, but having the COSC is what will help keep its value to others who can nolonger get it that way.

Carbon has already caught on as it is offered by many watch makers,Bell and Ross being one! You would have to ask Stowa to get the definitive answer, but if I were to guess, I would have to believe that the Stowa logo is applied! You did get me to thinking that maybe I need to order it with an additional bezel!!!

Good luck,

Ren

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I would get the carbon dial on the prodiver. The way carbon fiber catches the light is mesmerizing.

After brief consideration, I have changed my order to include the carbon dial. My purpose in ordering this watch was to make it my daily wearer, so my initial idea was to go conservative in color; hence I chose black (even though that limette is a great color, and if I didn't already have orange "covered" it would have tempted). However, after looking at some pics and thinking it over I think the carbon will still be conservative, but add some bunch to it (lets face it the Prodiver is a pretty serious design and the black makes it more so). I'm getting it with the stainless bezel and bracelet attached with the orange hand set, so I hope I haven't created a "Franken Watch" by over thinking. When I get the watch I will try my first picture post.

Conch,

Please do, as I am sure we all would love to see it!!!

Ren

Thread Information