Croco straps

Thread: Croco straps

Rolling eyes Croco straps

Hello all,

I have read the Stowa info regarding croco straps vs shipping to the USA.

Since Stowa only offers croco straps as an alternative to the calf skin on the Antea, I have a slight problem.

While the calf skin is nice I really like the croco strap pictures, so I could use help and suggestions.

The site, while NOT delighted with shipping croco to the US isn't strictly against it.
    There is an extra charge and time delay involved.

My question: Has anyone in the US actually ordered and received a croco strap on their Stowa? Would you please comment and relate your experience.

If for some reason this is better discussed via PM, please don't hesitate.

Thanks,
    Bob

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Re: Croco straps

Have you considered ordering an aftermarket croc strap? I have a genuine croc from BJ Straps that was a very reasonable cost and very nicely made. I probably will order another from him for my MO when it arrives.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Knave6 View Post
    My question: Has anyone in the US actually ordered and received a croco strap on their Stowa? Would you please comment and relate your experience.
    My thoughts: buy it with calf and get the croc at the shop around the corner - I do not think the US ran out of this.

In this case you save money and spare the problems at the customs. By the way, I had these problems with other watches, too - it's not related especially to Stowa.

I happened to ask similar question to Stowa regarding a 22mm gray crocodile strap. Viveca answered my email as follow, hope that helps:

================
    thanks for your mail.

Please note furthermore, that there are very strict Export/Import laws within the EU and non-EU countries!
    We have to fill a CITES form (Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora) and we have to take every strap to our custom office.

We do send crocostraps via registered airmail letter to the US. It may take around 1 - 3 weeks.

Please let us know which strap you want to order and I can let you know if we have it on stock.

To to make sure that your crocostrap will fit perfectly, please send us the measure of your wrist and we will deliver the correct length.

thank you and best regards

Viveca Hafner

Thread Information