Custom Prodiver owners - share your ordering experience

Thread: Custom Prodiver owners - share your ordering experience

Question Custom Prodiver owners - share your ordering experience

I plan to purchase a dive watch in the next six months and the leading cadidate is a Prodiver. But I'd like to get one with a custom face color (probably a deep, dark blue) with an all-black bezel rather than the standard 0-15 black, 16-59 white bezel.

Do I need to order this watch today to receive it by early next year? I see quite a few indicators that Jörg and the team have bounced back from their move to the new facility but ordering a one-off can be risky.

Anyone on the board with experience ordering custom watches from Stowa / Schauer?

TIA!

Re: Custom Prodiver owners - share your ordering experience

I ordered a semi-custom seatime from jorg. He built for me an all blue (dial/bezel) seatime with a black datewheel rather than the standard white datewheel. Watch was delivered exactly as i'd hoped. It's now my daily wearer, which i hadnt intended it to be. I would post a pic, but i'm writing this with my iphone and i can never seem to upload from the iphone. You can check my previous postings and there are some pics of my blue seatime. Obviously this is the stowa forum and its laden with stowa fanatics, so this will cme as no surpirse really, but jorg is one of the best. Stowa is one of the best. And i feel more happiness and excitement from my stowa purchases than most all of my other watch purchases ....rolex, iwc included :)

Saw your pics - great looking watch. The black date is a nice change.

What was the turnaround time from order to delivery?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by benjamin753 View Post
    Saw your pics - great looking watch. The black date is a nice change.

What was the turnaround time from order to delivery?
    The wait was about 5-6 wks. I'll have to go back and check my email for the order date to be sure. But it really wasnt that long of a wait. Just keep in mnd they're a popular but small company and delivery times will surely vary. I'd ask them up-front what they believe the turnaround time might be. I hope you go ahead with the order, i'd like to see pics of the finished piece. Good hunting!

Benjamin, good choice on the prodiver. E-mail regine @ stowa ... She'll get back to you within 24-48 hrs (during the business week {M-F... I would imagine that this configuration will take a little longer because the colored dials just got painted (did you see the post?) they still have yet to be completed (with markers, lume, logo etc...). After the dials are finished, it shouldn't take more than a couple of months. Also Jorg mentioned that he has 2 more workstations at the new facility (meaning that he will be getting 2 more watchmakers on staff soon). I had a triple black seatime one-off that i had Stowa make for me with a red second hand... I eventually sent it in for a dial swap (I chose yellow) and have been pleased with their work BOTH times.... Have you thought about posting a want to buy post for a blue dial prodiver? I think I might have seen a couple recently. Good luck. BTW, you can order and switch out the bezel yourself. Keep us posted.

Yep, saw the painting post. So cool to see Jörg in "hands-on" mode.

Thanks wellx3, this is great advice.

There's a really nice looking Prodiver for sale in the forums that is close to what I'm looking for, but the blue isn't as dark as I'd like. That, and this is a special occaison watch (my 40th birthday) and I'd like to have one made for me.

Listing: https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=285476

Pics: http://s688.photobucket.com/albums/v...reek/prodiver/

Benjamin, it is always a great idea to treat yourself to something nice AND there's no better way than to make that treat a watch. Congratulations on your upcoming birthday.

Thread Information