WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Customer Service

1K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  2manywatchez 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

Thanks for taking the time to read this post. I am very excited about owning this piece of history. I ordered and paid for an Airman Automatic No Logo COSC up front on March 12. I understand that moving certainly takes time, but by now they should have everything ironed out right?

I ask because I was under the impression that mine was going to ship in early May, based on information I have gathered and a response from Stowa. I emailed in late April to confirm they were still on time to ship, and the response was a "Yes, we intend to" and "[I would] get my tracking number directly from Fedex after [their] registration, then [I would] know."

It seemed a little vague and dismissive to me, after reading that some members know their exact watch number and are given an idea of when down to the day of the week... I don't mind waiting if I am just told the reality of the matter you know? From what other members are saying Stowa has a great track record for customer service, and I certainly believe that, but anyone else get kind of a response?

:think:

#2 ·
They do have a great track record for customer service. Effusive however, they are not. Think "teutonic efficiency" over our usual north american "touchy-feely" style of customer service.

Hang in there; you won't be disappointed.

#4 ·
You really have nothing to worry about. The Stowa team provides outstanding customer service and you will be well taken care of. Their email correspondence tends to be short and to the point. Waiting times are usually longer than inidcated on their website, but it is something you get used to and Stowa watches are well worth waiting for.

#5 ·
Thanks for the responses guys. I am so excited about this watch... I have always been into German aviation as far back as I can remember. I just soloed on Sunday, and this watch is signifies that accomplishment for me. I hope to pass it on to the grandchildren one day.

I will be sure to post pics and review once it comes in the mail.

Redbike you have quite the vocabulary!

#6 ·
Haaa! Used to charge by the word. Old habits die hard. look forward to seeing the post with pictures when it arrives.

G
#8 ·
You could always email them and ask them what's taking more time. Reading old post here, I seen that some members have waited over a year to getting their Stowas. Remeber, Stowa doesn't have the man power of Omega and Rolex. It's a small company and they give you an estimated time, not an actual delivery date. I'm sure they are trying their hardest to get the watch to you as soon as possible. The watch is being made for you. It's not like it's taking them three months for them to stick it in a box and ship it. I'm not sticking up for them, I'm just being realistic. Before I placed the order for my MO's I did reaserch and saw how long some people waited for particular watches. Email them and see what they say, they are cool people.

As to the actual number of the watch, is that the Order Confirmation Number?

#9 · (Edited)
You could always email them and ask them what's taking more time. Reading old post here, I seen that some members have waited over a year to getting their Stowas. Remeber, Stowa doesn't have the man power of Omega and Rolex. It's a small company and they give you an estimated time, not an actual delivery date. I'm sure they are trying their hardest to get the watch to you as soon as possible. The watch is being made for you. It's not like it's taking them three months for them to stick it in a box and ship it. I'm not sticking up for them, I'm just being realistic. Before I placed the order for my MO's I did reaserch and saw how long some people waited for particular watches. Email them and see what they say, they are cool people.

As to the actual number of the watch, is that the Order Confirmation Number?
All the watches are hand-assembled - the casework exquisite. Take a breath. These are not pumped out on a computerized assembly line.

Once you receive the timepiece and examine it closely, you will see why so relatively few of these make it back into the used market.

You will very much enjoy it once it is on your wrist. Whatever you do...you have to post images once it arrives to you. :-!

We're here to prop you up until it arrives!

Glen

"A week to a watchmaker is a month to the watch owner"

#10 ·
i also ordered mid-march and am awaiting my watch

just a q - has there ever been a photo thread showing the full transparency of the stowa watch building process?

of course, ive seen a few pics of the building, and maybe jorg's desk, but has there been a good "walk-through" of the production of a stowa watch? stowa puts off this air of small-scale artisanship. short of visiting whevever they are, can a customer or potential customer see into the process

#13 · (Edited)
FWIW, email responses I've gotten have been fast and very cordial. I've never gotten a sense of their being dismissive. Rather, I've always felt like a valued customer.

Speaking of wait, get on the AO list! Mine'll be here in, ohh, I'd guess 2011...

If you're really antsy, cruise the sale forum. Every now and again, someone makes the mistake of letting one go. Landed an Auto Date a little while ago myself to hold me over until the AO arrives. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.