Customs to Canada?
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Customs to Canada?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Customs to Canada?

Hi all,

There were a couple similar threads earlier but they were a few years ago and wanted to ask for those who ordered from Stowa and live in Canada, how bad were the customs?

I'm looking at the Flieger Klassik 40, which is around 800 euro ($1200 cad). I love the IWC Pilot but at $5000+, i just can't see myself paying that much extra! Would rather put that saved money towards an Omega/Rolex, and I love the lume on the Stowa as well as the blue hands.

Thanks!

Re: Customs to Canada?

Quote Originally Posted by Explorer23 View Post
    Hi all,

There were a couple similar threads earlier but they were a few years ago and wanted to ask for those who ordered from Stowa and live in Canada, how bad were the customs?

I'm looking at the Flieger Klassik 40, which is around 800 euro ($1200 cad). I love the IWC Pilot but at $5000+, i just can't see myself paying that much extra! Would rather put that saved money towards an Omega/Rolex, and I love the lume on the Stowa as well as the blue hands.

Thanks!
    My last watch was a Flieger Verus Sport at about $1500 Canadian, ordered in December 2018. I paid a total about $189 in total taxes and duties when it arrived the same month from Fedex.
    Explorer23 likes this.

I bought the flieger 40 but conversion and PayPal fees came up to $1300. Also I asked them to ship with DHL and I didn't get hit. DHL has a lower service charge than FedEx. I think for a watch at this price the taxes and service charge would of been 125 to 150 with DHL. But because DHL ships from there and then goes through Canada Post you might get lucky.
    Explorer23 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I love my Stowa watches and they were my first choice picks for watches (even though the IWC was an option). I love minimalism and well thought-out design and much of the logos and prattle on watch faces bother me considerably, but IWC has great design overall. I would say if your heart is set on an IWC, wait for a used one to come up. That being said, I'm glad I found Stowa. Right now, I'm eagerly awaiting a Flieger Classic Chrono with recorded hours on it (to use for gliding), but I may never get my wish....

do you ever have to pay right there on the spot at the time of delivery, or is the tax billed later?
    IWC Portuguese Chronograph
    Glashütte Original Senator Automatic
    Montblanc Heritage Moonphase

Stowa Marine Klassik
    Stowa Partitio

Quote Originally Posted by djcoronel View Post
    do you ever have to pay right there on the spot at the time of delivery, or is the tax billed later?
    on the spot when they deliver

Quote Originally Posted by djcoronel View Post
    Billed at delivery. You can pay in advance with Fedex on the phone, but I would advice against this: the driver who delivered my watch hinted that it could lead to things being left on doorsteps. Not sure how likely this is though.

Quote Originally Posted by ALEXO View Post
    Billed at delivery. You can pay in advance with Fedex on the phone, but I would advice against this: the driver who delivered my watch hinted that it could lead to things being left on doorsteps. Not sure how likely this is though.
    gotcha. i ordered a marine klassik 36mm and it arrived without me having to pay anything. i'm wondering if this was a one-off happening, or if this is standard procedure in the US. i just recently ordered from stowa again, a partitio this time around, and thus i was wondering about the aforementioned.

Stowa Marine Klassik
    Stowa Partitio

No it's not a one off but it just depends if customs gets you. Sometimes you just get lucky that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by bbjai View Post
    No it's not a one off but it just depends if customs gets you. Sometimes you just get lucky that's all.
    damnit. welp, i hope i get lucky again.

Stowa Marine Klassik
    Stowa Partitio

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information