A day of firsts for me too!

Thread: A day of firsts for me too!

A day of firsts for me too!

My first day as a member here (well, second if you count it in my timezone ).

Also my first day waiting for my new Stowa Marine Original! Polished finish and a black leather strap with deployment clasp is what I went for. Going for a mildly dressy watch, I have plenty of casual watches already. Then again, perhaps my next Stowa will be a casual wear one.

Hang on, next Stowa? I haven't even received my first and I've caught the bug! :oops:

Re: A day of firsts for me too!

nice :) im waiting too :D

Congrats! Arabic or Romans?
    Stowa Marine Original Roman
    Citizen Eco-Drive Nighthawk WR200

Welcome, Martin!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Well done! Don't forget to show some pics later....

Arabic numerals for me.

I think that when it arrives I'll be torn between taking photos while it's still pristine and dust free or putting it on and prancing around the office while my co-workers look on in disgust.

First post for me too and just ordered my first Stowa so like you I am beginning the long wait. I'm certainly no watch expert and have had the same Tag Heuer for 15 years, which I bought when totally drunk for the rediculous price of £1,300 or so. I woke up with a hangover, an overpriced watch and large credit card bill. Not only that, but I scratched it that first night so I could not even change it. All these years I never realised that money could buy a real watch. Anyway, my wife has always hated the Tag and finally offered to buy me a new watch for between 500 and 1000 euros for my birthday. Weeks of hunting and I found Stowa and boy do I love the look of these watches. Its been a tough choice between MO, Marine Auto, Prodiver and Flieger. I love them all. How can one small watch company make such a narrow and different range of watches that are all so desirable? Seems impossible. In the end I decided the one I must have first is the Marine and my wife absolutely loved the look of Marine Auto with white face and large second hand, so job done. The others will have to come my way in the future.

Wow! Looks like Stowa's making good business, and im sure we are not surprised. I have just placed my order a few weeks back as well. Its a Flieger auto for me with COSC. I hope they keep getting stronger as they make really great watches. I keep a lookout to own an elusive FO1 one day.

Cheers to Jorg and the Stowa team!

Quote Originally Posted by PipPip View Post
    First post for me too and just ordered my first Stowa so like you I am beginning the long wait. I'm certainly no watch expert and have had the same Tag Heuer for 15 years, which I bought when totally drunk for the rediculous price of £1,300 or so. I woke up with a hangover, an overpriced watch and large credit card bill. Not only that, but I scratched it that first night so I could not even change it. All these years I never realised that money could buy a real watch. Anyway, my wife has always hated the Tag and finally offered to buy me a new watch for between 500 and 1000 euros for my birthday. Weeks of hunting and I found Stowa and boy do I love the look of these watches. Its been a tough choice between MO, Marine Auto, Prodiver and Flieger. I love them all. How can one small watch company make such a narrow and different range of watches that are all so desirable? Seems impossible. In the end I decided the one I must have first is the Marine and my wife absolutely loved the look of Marine Auto with white face and large second hand, so job done. The others will have to come my way in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by PipPip View Post
    Ha. Funny story. Good choice on the Marine Auto. But, just to play it safe, you might want to budget for the MO and a seatime sometime next year. Oh, and a flieger or so. Just to play it safe...

Welcome, isn't the wait excruciating???

I've got the bug too, my eye is on an Antea 390.

For me, I ordered a matt finished MO with an onion crown and a brown strap along with a black strap with white stitching and deployment buckles all around.
    david

Ocean7 American
    Ocean7 G1 Black Bezel
    Stowa Marine Original Matte w/Onion Crown
    Baume & Mercier Riviera

It is always easier to criticize others than to come up with solutions.

I am earnestly thankful for those who have chosen to risk everything so that I may have choices.

If guns shoot people, do pencils misspell words?

Thread Information