Delay in FO delivery

Thread: Delay in FO delivery

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Watchuseek Journalist Bhanu Chopra's Avatar

Delay in FO delivery

Just received the following email from Mr. Schauer:

Dear Airman Original customer,

today I want to contact you personally.

After we now have built and sent some of the Limited Airman Original, we must once more postpone the delivery time.

The effort for each watch is simply higher than we calculated to be.

To ensure the absolute quality I would like and I have to give me the necessary time.

I don't regard it a worthwhile to regulate, build and control the watches 100 % perfectly only to keep the promised delivery times.

I must accept as these brings us some disappointed customers and may also leads to cancelations.

From me the quality counts, even-though of course I would as well liked to have built the watches faster.

But I must place myself to the effort per watch and I don't want to deliver over hasty on no account.

Therefore the watch and the movement is too precious and too costly. Each watch must satisfy my high aspiration.
    (What the customers can confirm which received their exemplar: best quality.)

Here some details of the afore no calculate extra work.

Case:

Unfortunately I must regrind each case because the finish of the case grinder for this price category doesn't delight me.

Balance cock:

Overhead to beautify - deaden, engrave, gild, etc. to this nor some "smaller problems" which arise at each new lot.
    (But itself add in the sum)

In the sum I don't talk about minutes overhead but rather about the hours overhead (per watch) !!
    Therefore I would ask you for being patient. We deliver each week some watches, but even not so many how planned.

Nevertheless we want and must observe the chronology of the deliveries / orders.

As soon as your watch is ready Mrs Hafner ([email protected]) will contact you and inform you regarding the shipping details.

I wish you a nice weekend and I hope that your anticipation is even existing.

Your Jörg Schauer

Re: Delay in FO delivery

Communication is so important and that is one thing that makes Stowa top notch in my book! Delays are much easier to accept when you know the reasons.
    Rotating on my wrist this month: Stowa Blue WatchTime Flieger, Sinn EZM9, Sinn T1, Sinn 556 Blue, Stowa Antea LE Polish Forums, Stowa Verus 40, Damasko DS30 greenie, Sinn U1, Stowa Antea Klassik KS Rose, Nomos Tangente Silvercut

*Sigh* But it also seems due to Stowa wanting to deliver other orders in a timely manner, which seems to make those on the FO list less important.

I wonder what kind of delay we are talking about--I wish I could just forget about the watch since it's been several months since the payment was made and others have been delivered. Some details about when they hoped to send them would be nice, but I guess it wouldn't mean that much anyway since we can just probably expect more delays in the future.

I love seeing the pictures and reviews by others, but after a while it's tough to think the watch could meet the extra expectations brought on by so many delays.

DJK

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I was a bit bummed by the news because the past two weeks were supposed to be my time frame in which the watch would be finished and shipped. I would rather have the watch be done right then get a sub-standard product.

For me the delays are not getting easier. I know Joerg is extremely busy and understand that he wants to put out the best product, but I am still bummed that the wait will be longer. Oh well time to tap back into my patience.
    ToddH

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." Albert Einstein

Watchuseek Journalist Bhanu Chopra's Avatar

I agree with the sentiment here but also understand Mr. Schauer's position. I got a taste of the serial FO in Basel but now it seems so far away......

I hope Mr. Schauer will make up to the customers who will have to wait patiently for several weeks

Cheers,
    Bhanu

I'll say this - though in retrospect the order and payment process could have been smoother - the watch is extremely well done in all respects. The attention to detail is more than evident, and it compares favourably to watches I own that are several times the cost. Also remember this - we are getting a highly sought-after timepiece with a historical pedigree that only 80 in the world will possess. There is something very special about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Canuck View Post
    I'll say this - though in retrospect the order and payment process could have been smoother - the watch is extremely well done in all respects. The attention to detail is more than evident, and it compares favourably to watches I own that are several times the cost. Also remember this - we are getting a highly sought-after timepiece with a historical pedigree that only 80 in the world will possess. There is something very special about that.
    I relayed these exact sentiments to Mr Schauer shortly after reading his email which I thought was a notification of my watch being shipped since my delivery period was quoted as last week.

He personally replied shortly after that he realizes the process has been taxing on everyone and hopes to reevaluate it for future projects.

I went on to say that although I was disappointed, I would wait as long as it took to get this special time piece.

I closed by telling him that everyone here on the forum wished him good health and the patience to complete the project.
    Precista PRS-50
    Breitling Colt
    Laco WUS LE Type B
    Seiko White Samauri

Kind of dissapointed, as I was expecting delivery to be done this week as communicated earlier. But like many of us, I can understand and accept the reason for the delay to ensure high standard of quality.

I am with everyone in saying that patience is needed because I don't want my watch rushed. It is better to get it done right.
    ToddH

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." Albert Einstein

Many companies would consider lowering the quality of their product when reaching this point. Jorg choses to keep the quality and inform his customers of why there will be a delay. I think this is exemplary and Jorg should be commended for his passion and honesty.

With that being said, will the delay affect the delivery of my MO?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information