Deployment buckle

Thread: Deployment buckle

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Deployment buckle

Hey guys! Here's a pretty dumb question, but I'm not sure how it works. I ordered a Stowa MO with deployment buckle which should be here in a month or so. I was wondering if you can take the deployment buckle off easily and just use the regular strap.

Thanks!

:)

stuffler,mike

Re: Deployment buckle

If you remove the deployant you´ll need another buckle, otherwise you are lost.

Last edited by stuffler,mike; May 14th, 2008 at 19:59.

Oh... I thought I wouldn't... Is there a difference in comfort between having the deployment bukle vs. not having it?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

You'll need a buckle, deployant or not, allways.

Audaces Fortuna Juvat
    If I have to choose between people or watches... I choose people everytime!
    Cheers,
    Paulo

Well, I won't need an extra one with what I ordered, right? I'll purchase other bracelets that have their own buckle, but as for my order, I'll be able to wear it as is... Am I wrong?

stuffler,mike

Quote Originally Posted by saderules View Post
    Oh... I thought I wouldn't... Is there a difference in comfort between having the deployment bukle vs. not having it?
    Well, I feel comfortable with both. Deployant and simple buckle.

stuffler,mike

Quote Originally Posted by saderules View Post
    Well, I won't need an extra one with what I ordered, right? I'll purchase other bracelets that have their own buckle, but as for my order, I'll be able to wear it as is... Am I wrong?
    If you have payed the extra money for the deployant you´ll get a deployant and you don´t need any other buckle.

I was wondering if you can take the deployment buckle off easily and just use the regular strap.
    If you´ll take off the deployant buckle you need another buckle. Simple as that.

Hi saderules,

Basically, if you use the tank buckle, as illustrated in Mike's first response to your question, every time when you try to put on your watch, you need to put the strap through the tank buckle and you have to remember which hole you use.

With the deployant, as illustrated in Paulo's response, all you have to do is to set the deployant to the correct hole on your straps and every time you put on your watch, it will be like putting on the way as a metal bracelet, just buckle up and you are good to go.

You use either the deployant or the tank buckle to connect the two end of the straps together. Not both at the same time.

With the deployant, you will usually extend the life of your strap as less "stress" is put in the strap every time you put on or take off your watch.

I myself is a big fan of the deployant. I have them on all my leather straps that are attached onto the watches.

I've posted the following thread on the SINN forum back in 2006 (wow, two years already, that when I really started into this wonderful world of watches, anyway):

https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=1986

By the way, it is actually called "deployant" not "deployment" as I was corrected by other more experienced members.

Hope this helps.

Tommy

Great! Thanks Tommy. Thanks Mike also. So the deployANT (hehe) buckle that comes with the MO is a double, right? Can you switch the device from one strap to another (ie if you take the tank buckle off a new strap, can you install the deployant, considering they are of similar width)?

Thanks!

As long as they are the same width, yes, you can switch them around. I own one deployant for each buckle width of strap that I own (16mm, 18mm, 20mm), and move them back and forth with some regularity.

The Stowa one is slightly more difficult to change than others, as it has a screw involved, but it's still very easy. The plus side is that the Stowa deployant is awesome.

Dave

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information