Do people comment on your Anteas?

Thread: Do people comment on your Anteas?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Do people comment on your Anteas?

I have to confess my disappointment that, to date, no one has commented on my Antea KS, which I have been wearing almost every day for almost a year. I understand that it's an understated watch, which is one of the reasons why I bought it. Still, it's unusual. Not only have I never seen another Stowa in the wild, but I've only once or twice seen anything remotely like it. All I can conclude is that most people really just don't pay attention to watches. And perhaps there aren't that many WISes out there in the wild. Don't worry, the lack of comments does not diminish my view of my watch, which I love.

Anyone have any experiences with people commenting on their Anteas?

Re: Do people comment on your Anteas?

you said it best, people just don't pay attention to watches.

the Antea KS is a great little watch, but for me I've noticed it's just too small & too dressy. I hardly ever wear it, since I'm a jeans & Polo type guy at work (construction management). the last time I wore it was to a wedding & it went great with the suit, but it wouldn't go right with what I got on right now (ripped jeans & an old t-shirt, lol)

in fact, I've only ever had one person comment on any of my watches.
    Rolex GMT Master II BLNR "Batman"
    Omega Speedmaster Pro 3573.50
    Omega Seamaster Cosmic c.1968
    Oris Williams F1 Day/Date
    Oris LE 1945 Flight Timer
    Stowa Marine Original
    Stowa 2801 HW Flieger
    Longines Conquest Heritage
    Longines Grande Vitesse GMT Chrono
    Longines Hydroconquest Blue
    Longines 1972 Vintage
    Seiko SKX009
    Seiko SARB017 Alpinist
    Steinhart Ocean Vintage Military
    Steinhart Ocean One Vintage Dual Time

Friends don't let friends buy Invicta

Don't wear it for them wear it for you - 99% of people do not notice or care

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I have an ANTEA 39mm, which no one has ever commented on. In fact since I started collecting and wearing automatic watches from Tao to Tag and STOWA, I have never had anyone comment on any watch I have ever worn. El Ocho is right. Most people don't pay any attention.

Who cares as long as YOU enjoy it!

I've had a bunch of people comment on my white g-shock, but no one commented on my Antea KS!
    Labitur occulte fallitque volatilis aetas, et nihil est annis velocius. Ovid Met. 10.519-20.

I was in a bank one day and a security guard noticed and was very taken by my Antea KS. We had an interesting discussion about watches generally.

The funny thing was that his grail watch was the Omega Seamaster, and the Antea is an entirely different style. I tried to get him to consider some of the Sinn and Stowa dive watches, but I don’t think I was very successful.

As others have said, I wear my watch because I like it and I appreciate the quality that went into it.
    I fully expected no-one but an experienced watch lover to notice it, which is all the better :) Sort of like the fishy that religious types used to draw in the sand in olden times, as a secret sign that they were in the same 'club'. :)

I also believe that to 99% of the population an understated watch like the Antea would be perceived as a plain old cheap watch. My guess is they would be more likely to comment on one of the overly complicated citizens or something with flashy (but mostly pointless IMO) contrasting sub dials and bezels. It's why fashion watches in the style of chronos and divers are so popular. That or a Rolex, because of the name.

Wayne.

You are exactly correct, most people know nothing about watches except what they have seen on tv or in a magazine. So make yourself happy and buy what you like, cause you are paying and you are wearing.

REN

I often find other people's watches interesting, but a little too shy to ask them about it. It's impossible to surreptitiously work out what someones watch is!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information