Do Stowa watches really take that long to deliver?!
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Do Stowa watches really take that long to deliver?!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Do Stowa watches really take that long to deliver?!

I've been reading a few threads here where people have been waiting for up 19 months to receive a watch.

I wanted to purchase a Stowa as a wedding gift but if it's going to take 2-3 months to deliver then I won't bother.

Have things improved recently? What is the typical time for delivery from the day it's ordered? If I'm going to spend €700+ then I would have expected a better service than 3 months...

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Re: Do Stowa watches really take that long to deliver?!

If I'm going to spend €700+ then I would have expected a better service than 3 months...
    It's your decision. I spend more than double and will wait patiently. To each his own.

You will find the delivery dates (at least an estimate) in the online shop. Just click on the watch you want to order eh voilá !
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

You're forgetting that each watch is made on order. When you order one Stowa will make one for you. That takes time. How special do you want it to get? You can just go to a store and buy a watch. How long did it lay there? This one is made on order. It's worth the wait, believe me.
    best regards,

Marco

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

My standard reply to this question is now a wikipedia article:

Project triangle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I very much respect the two sides of the triangle that STOWA has prioritized for its projects.
    Cursor likes this.

If you have specific engagements or deadlines, don't bother. I had to recently cancel my order after waiting 4 months, not because I did not want the watch, but I had specific functions that I wanted to wear a new watch. The ETA movements are creating delays, and their SS bands are on backorder unti at least September.

If you have time on your side, then purchase.
    Omega-Seamaster 22345000 Laco-Navy Miyota Luminous Torgoen-T08301 Meister-Anderson Silva Limited Edition Chief108AS Swiss Army Officers 1884 Seiko-Orange Monster Boschett-Cave Dweller 2 G-Shock GW7900B-1 Boschett-Ocean Mariner

Dear Mr. Quarryman,

Yes it takes a while to get your watch! I ordered my Flieger B-Dial back in late March and should receive it next week. Was it hard waiting for the watch, YES! Will it be worth it, you bet. These watches are not your run of the mill they are beautifully finished with some of the best components available. I've had my M.O. sense February and am totally pleased, it is wonderful!

Its not a matter of things improving, these watches are not mass produced, if you want something readily available you will have to purchase a mass produced watch. That is not what STOWA is about, it is about customer service, high quality products and dedication to watch making. Because so few are made you can consider yourself lucky to own one.

As Mr. Schauer said,"the quality is in the fine details." You said that this is to be a wedding gift so my thinking is you might want to make your purchase in a local store,unfortunately for your friend!

Ren

I think that Stowa falls into the BUILD HIGH QUALITY, CHEAPLY= TAKES MORE TIME! I am a patience man!!

Ren

Quote Originally Posted by quarryman View Post
    I've been reading a few threads here where people have been waiting for up 19 months to receive a watch.

I wanted to purchase a Stowa as a wedding gift but if it's going to take 2-3 months to deliver then I won't bother.

Have things improved recently? What is the typical time for delivery from the day it's ordered? If I'm going to spend €700+ then I would have expected a better service than 3 months...

Let me correct a detail:

Not "up 19 months", but "for nearly two years".
    My FO L.E. was ordered in November 2006 and I laid my hand on her on 2008.10.08 at Engelsbrand.
    Don't ask if it was worth it - just look:

Two months ago I finally succeeded to purchase a vintage Stowa I was hunting after for more than four years now.
    Patience is part of the game...........

Volker
    JarrodS likes this.

Thanks for the replies guys, I guess I'll have to go elsewhere. I was hoping to have it as a gift for October. But the estimated delivery date is mid-September so this is too tight.

Pity, they are beautiful watches...

edit: actually, while I have your attention; can anyone suggest an alternative (in a similar style and price) to a Stowa, that won't take months to deliver?
    Last edited by quarryman; July 22nd, 2011 at 12:27.

Quote Originally Posted by quarryman View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys, I guess I'll have to go elsewhere. I was hoping to have it as a gift for October. But the estimated delivery date is mid-September so this is too tight.

Pity, they are beautiful watches...

edit: actually, while I have your attention; can anyone suggest an alternative (in a similar style and price) to a Stowa, that won't take months to deliver?
    the Nomos Glashutte watches are similar, they are more available, it's one of the reasons they cost a bit more, If Stowa were to have them available then they would cost more, because they build to order they can save costs on having stock sitting around, they then pass these onto the consumer.

Considering the watches are so special, and you can have them engraved inside (nice gesture for a wedding present) it might be worth while emailing them and putting your case to them, special company, special products, special event, they may just do it for you, but if you don;t ask......

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information