Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By BoxClever
  • 1 Post By robi1138
  • 1 Post By BoxClever
  • 1 Post By robi1138
  • 1 Post By stuffler,mike

Thread: Don't hate me...

Don't hate me...

So I'm the new guy looking to buy a Stowa in the next week or so. I'm thinking of getting the TO1 and one other. The Schauer Edition 12 is an option as well as a Seatime BlackForest. Going back to about a month ago i discovered the new Air King by Rolex and love the eccentric colouring and wanted to try one on but they just aren't available in shops at the moment so I put my name down with an AD in Bristol to call me when one came in. Today it came in. So I went to see it.

My current Tag (that I love and wear everywhere) is a 41mm watch and this sits well on my 7+ inch wrist so I've been thinking of going larger, hence the TO1. But I've always hankered after a Panerai too.... I'm openminded really. So I went to see the Air King today and after 10 minutes on the wrist I walked away as I felt it was a little bit small for me, the Tag seemed so much bigger that I think the Air King is the wrong size for me. I'm very glad I didn't press buy on the few websites that list it. And this has now taught me a lesson in that I need wrist time to properly assess any multi thousand pound watch purchase. So I'm not going to buy the Schauer until I've tried one on - it's a 41mm but I need to see it.

However, the very pretty lady at the AD suggested I tried a 44mm watch to see how I felt about going larger. She smiled as she brought over a Yachtmaster 2 for me to try....

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 362
Size:  1.98 MB

And I've fallen in love. Yes it is big and brash and shouts "look at me I'm an idiot" but I loved it. End of. You know when you have that feeling? Whether it's about a car or a girl or anything that just makes you want it, right now. This watch has that for me.

Yes, I'll still buy a TO1 and probably more over time but I think I'm going to get this one too. I think.
    hidden830726 and robi1138 like this.

Re: Don't hate me...

Very nice watch... and I know exactly how you feel. I too have been debating about the Seatime Black Forest and just can't decide if I want it or not.
    BoxClever likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by robi1138 View Post
    Very nice watch... and I know exactly how you feel. I too have been debating about the Seatime Black Forest and just can't decide if I want it or not.
    I like the fact that out of all the Stowa/Schauer limited editions the Seatime Black Forest hasn't sold out. I'm curious as to why it hasn't as it is beautiful and would/will make a great daily. What I do think is that it will become a classic and will be the one in the Seatime current range that will see its day in the sun.

I do do have an issue with getting a Rolex though, and I'm sure you'll know what I mean. So I googled "Why buy a Rolex?" And it came up with a Forbes article from a couple of years back that describes how I think and feel exactly.... Have a read, I think I moved from stage 1 to 3 over the last twelve months!! You'll know what I mean when you read it:)

Forbes Welcome
    robi1138 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I, too, am drawn to it because it's still available...and apparently a lot of people don't like it. I can't put my finger on what's keeping me from buying it. I don't know if it's the lime-colored hands (not sure what color I'd want though), the busy dial/bezel (it's not the dots...I like them actually), the bead-blasted case (would prefer brushed but I've not seen a bead-blasted case in person). The price is a bit steep but not unreasonably slow. It has a big plus for me which is a display back on a decorated movement. And it's unique...which is also a big plus. Honestly, I don't know what the hell my issue is, lol.

I don't know if it'll ever become a classic but it will certainly be one of the rarer Stowas...which I guess makes it special on its own.
    BoxClever likes this.

If you like it, go for it.

Too many people who worry about nothing more than what you wear on your wrist, need to get a life........
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Nokie View Post
    If you like it, go for it.

Too many people who worry about nothing more than what you wear on your wrist, need to get a life........
    Not sure if you're talking to me or the other poster but if you are talking to me then I don't worry too much what people think about my watch, in the instance of the Rolex I mentioned it was more a post for me to write it down and see if I can justify it!

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

We have a Rolex forum to discuss Rolex watches and their pros and cons. Just saying.
    BoxClever likes this.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

That YM is somehow more hideous than the new AK. Please spend your money on an eye doctor instead of a watch

Looks good on your wrist. Not a watch I would buy, but if you like it go for it!
    Modern
    Breitling Windrider B13358LA/A700
    Crepas L'Ocean
    MJW The Decider, The Last Laugh Tattoo Edition
    Rolex Submariner 16610
    Seiko SARB017, SARB065

Swatch Bunnysutra
    Vostok Amphibian 100652

Vintage
    1966 Longines Gold Metal (Inherited)
    1949 Cortebert 8459
    1945 Bulova Minute Man (Inherited)