The downside of tracking packages...

Thread: The downside of tracking packages...

The downside of tracking packages...

The ability to track packages is a wonderful thing. You know when to expect your shipment. You can anticipate any potential customs delays. You know the geographic location. All very cool and useful. But their is a downside... due to tracking I know that my brand new Antea Roman is sitting on a truck somewhere in Hollywood and will probably be delivered within the hour. Every time I hear air brakes or see a truck go by I get all excited and then let down when I see it is not FedEx. It is almost torture... ha ha ha.

Re: The downside of tracking packages...

I know how it feels, just been delivered my MO arabic 24 hours ago.....haha
    ChristianS
    C3SSK, C4SST, C5AKK, C5AWT, C6LE5,
    Stowa Antea Creme, Stowa Seatime Blue, STOWA PRODIVER LIMETTE, Stowa MO arabic/brushed, Stowa Antea Black, Stowa Seatime Black, Stowa Flieger LE 2801 - 45/100; JS Watch-Islandus45, Aristo Sextant; Dievas Divergraph; Vostok Europe Diver GMT; Seiko Diver; Nautica; Tissot SevenStar; ZentRa

LOL!!! I thought I was the only one that did that! I am constantly refreshing the tracking page to see where my package is!
    IWC Portuguese Automatic 5001-09
    IWC Portuguese Chrono 3714-01
    IWC Pilot Chrono 3717-01
    Stowa Marine Original
    Tag Heuer Link Auto Chrono CJF2110.BA0594

Ulysse Nardin Maxi Marine Chronometer 263-66
    Ulysse Nardin Maxi Marine Chronometer Black Dial (maybe)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

It arrived!!! I am now the proud owner of the last Antea Roman that Stowa had left over from their run a few years back I'll post some pics when I get a chance.

Probably a side by side pic with your MO Roman? Congrats!

Thanks! Yep, a family portrait of my roman children! Ha ha

Ya know what the real downside of tracking is? When you're waiting the whole day for your package, because tracking says it'll arrive that day... and the package suddenly shows up 'delivered' - though you haven't gotten anything (Lost a package that way) - or it says 'delivery delayed', and they'll get to you after the weekend.

I've gotten a sincere hate on for tracking here in the Netherlands lately... postal service has been sux0r.

Speaking of waiting for packages, does anyone know how accurate the information in the "Delivery Times" sticky is in practice?

For example, if a watch is ordered that is described as being available in "middle of December, 2008," do the watches tend to come right on time? Early? A little late?

If you can't tell, I'm really excited to get a watch that I ordered that was supposed to be available in the middle of December

Quote Originally Posted by Hansch99 View Post
    Speaking of waiting for packages, does anyone know how accurate the information in the "Delivery Times" sticky is in practice?

For example, if a watch is ordered that is described as being available in "middle of December, 2008," do the watches tend to come right on time? Early? A little late?

If you can't tell, I'm really excited to get a watch that I ordered that was supposed to be available in the middle of December
    I've answered my own question!

At least in my experience, my watch will now arrive two full weeks before the "Delivery Times" sticky said it would be available. Can't wait to get the watch!

Thread Information