Einzeiger Black and Edition 10 Chronograph

Thread: Einzeiger Black and Edition 10 Chronograph

Einzeiger Black and Edition 10 Chronograph

Hello everybody.

I have recently become interested in the Einzeiger Black and the Edition 10 Chronograph. I also like the Stowa watches a lot.

I have a couple of questions in connection with this:

1: The Jörg Schauer line of watches are somewhat more expensive than the Stowas. What is the reason for this? Higher quality? Smaller production?

2: The Einzeiger Black uses the Durove 7526-4 movement. How is the quality of this movement compared to for example, ETA 2892 and 2824?

3: Does anyone of you have any experience from the Einzeiger or the Edition 10 watches.

Hope to hear from you!

Pichao
    Last edited by pichao; May 28th, 2009 at 22:08.

Re: Einzeiger Black and Edition 10 Chronograph

Hi,

Do you realise that the einziger is a limited edition of only 100 watches which I believe are all sold out. So it is very unlikely you will get one.

Infact I have only seen one for sale in the past year or so, a very rare beast!

I have had no experience with either of those specific watches, however I own several stowa's and my father owns a kleine schauer, I have also handled an edition 12.

The schauers are clearly of a higher quality, from case and movement finish to dial and hand finish, however this is not a bad thing for stowa as they are amazing quality, its just that the schauers are in a league of their own.

I think Jorg has a lot more personal involvement with every schauer watch compared to stowa, although every stowa does pass through his hands before dispatch.

Mike stuffler will b able to confirm this i think.

Anyway I hope you find the perfect watch, you will not be disapointed with a stowa or a schauer.

Richard

stuffler,mike

Quote Originally Posted by pichao View Post
    1: The Jörg Schauer line of watches are somewhat more expensive than the Stowas. What is the reason for this? Higher quality? Smaller production?
    Yes. The annual output of Schauer watches is about 500.

2: The Einzeiger Black uses the Durove 7526-4 movement. How is the quality of this movement compared to for example, ETA 2892 and 2824?
    The Durowe is a NOS movement (production started in 1972) with 21.600 b/h, the ETA 2824-2 beats with 28.800 b/h.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by FreeAgent View Post
    Hi,

Do you realise that the einziger is a limited edition of only 100 watches which I believe are all sold out. So it is very unlikely you will get one.

Infact I have only seen one for sale in the past year or so, a very rare beast!

I have had no experience with either of those specific watches, however I own several stowa's and my father owns a kleine schauer, I have also handled an edition 12.

The schauers are clearly of a higher quality, from case and movement finish to dial and hand finish, however this is not a bad thing for stowa as they are amazing quality, its just that the schauers are in a league of their own.

I think Jorg has a lot more personal involvement with every schauer watch compared to stowa, although every stowa does pass through his hands before dispatch.

Mike stuffler will b able to confirm this i think.

Anyway I hope you find the perfect watch, you will not be disapointed with a stowa or a schauer.

Richard

I have been asking directly and the einzeiger gold is still available in a few numbers. The einzeiger black seems to be a new line limited to 100 watches. This has an automatic movement, durowe 7526-4, instead of the manual one: Durowe 7426-4 in Einzeiger gold. The watch however is only available by direct contact with the factory.

Pichao
    Last edited by pichao; May 29th, 2009 at 23:35.

Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    Yes. The annual output of Schauer watches is about 500.

The Durowe is a NOS movement (production started in 1972) with 21.600 b/h, the ETA 2824-2 beats with 28.800 b/h.
    Does a higher beating rate mean that it is more exact?

Pichao

I have been asking directly and the einzeiger gold is still available in a few numbers. The einzeiger black seems to be a new line limited to 100 watches. This has an automatic movement, durowe 7526-4, instead of the manual one: Durowe 7426-4 in Einzeiger gold. The watch however is only available by direct contact with the factory.

Pichao
    That is very interesting news! Do you know the estimated price of the einzeiger? Black or Gold? If you can get your hands on one I would go for that!

I would also assume the edition 10 is alot thicker.

Thanks

Rich

stuffler,mike

Does a higher beating rate mean that it is more exact?

Pichao
    First of all:
    I always recommend to use our search function as often as possible (because a lot is already written here, you just have to find it ).

Here´s a quote of a former post for your convenience:

Handwind vs. automatic is a philosophical question and comparing them is like comparing apples an pears.

Nevertheless some remarks which will explain why I came out in favour of the Unitas:

The Unitas originally was a pocket watch movement (Savonette = small second at 6 o´cock) and beats with 18.000 b/h (6498-1) or 21.600 b/h (6498-2).

The ETA 2824-2 with 28.800 b/h is one of the most proven automatic three-hands-movements and is known as an absolute reliable workhorse, nevertheless it is automatic.....

The principle is: the more oscillation you have the better the accuracy of a watch is. The ETA 2824-2 could be considered to be the more accurate movement of those both but the Unitas 6498-1 can be adjusted more easily because of the swan neck fine adjustment which is (always) considered to be a sign of fine finish/high grade movements. If the swan neck fine adjustment is accompanied by a screw balance the movement will not only become an excellent eye catcher, it can be easily regulated to lie level with a regular ETA 2824-2.

The ETA 2824-2 also features the date indication which imho is quite disturbing for the "Marine", seen that the predecessor of the Stowa Marine was a deck watch and date indication was quite obsolete those times. So far the MO follows its pattern the better way.
    Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    First of all:
    I always recommend to use our search function as often as possible (because a lot is already written here, you just have to find it ).

Here´s a quote of a former post for your convenience:

Hope this helps.
    Thank you for your kind answer. I will use the search function in the future.

regards

Pichao

Thread Information