ETA 2804 Movement Question
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By stuffler,mike

Thread: ETA 2804 Movement Question

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Member triumphrox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    539

    ETA 2804 Movement Question

    Hello All,
    I recently acquired a Stowa Flieger Classic 40mm from a fellow WUS member, and have a question regarding the movement. This is a handwinder with an ETA 2804 inside. The watch has a regulator "tail" for adjustment, but I note most technical drawings and photos of the movement, including the ETA website, show a regulator adjustment screw. The watch is fairly new, being sold in early 2018. I was wondering if there was a point that ETA switched over the the screw type adjuster or if it is a result of a different grade of movement.

    Thanks!
    Name:  StowaReg.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  702.6 KB

  2. #2
    Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The Hague-Amman-London-Berlin
    Posts
    48,642

    Re: ETA 2804 Movement Question

    You can order different types of a regulator (regulator lever, screw or index, swan neck, duplex swan neck, woodpecker fine adjustment, Triovis, balance screws).
    Kind regards
    Mike


    Instagram @mikestuffler

  3. #3
    Member triumphrox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    539

    Re: ETA 2804 Movement Question

    Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    You can order different types of a regulator (regulator lever, screw or index, swan neck, duplex swan neck, woodpecker fine adjustment, Triovis, balance screws).
    Ok, thanks for the info. I didn't see that option on the Stowa website. Is the lever the default?

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The Hague-Amman-London-Berlin
    Posts
    48,642

    Re: ETA 2804 Movement Question

    Quote Originally Posted by triumphrox View Post
    Ok, thanks for the info. I didn't see that option on the Stowa website. Is the lever the default?
    My understanding is that Stowa watches house movements featuring both adjustments (lever and screw). The 2801 with screw, the 2804 with lever. There‘s no default as far as I can see. I could be wrong though. Back of 2801 and 2804 do look identical but I am sure you know that already.
    triumphrox likes this.
    Kind regards
    Mike


    Instagram @mikestuffler

  6. #5
    Member X2-Elijah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Sundsvall, Sweden
    Posts
    7,583

    Re: ETA 2804 Movement Question

    No option to choose by Stowa website, no. It might just be luck-of-the-draw, meaning, whichever variant Stowa manages to get, they use. (Except for most of their Unitas/eta 6498/7 watches, they as a rule use the best, swan-neck regulator).
    NTH Santa Cruz
    Casio Oceanus T200

  7. #6
    Member triumphrox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    539

    Re: ETA 2804 Movement Question

    Quote Originally Posted by X2-Elijah View Post
    No option to choose by Stowa website, no. It might just be luck-of-the-draw, meaning, whichever variant Stowa manages to get, they use. (Except for most of their Unitas/eta 6498/7 watches, they as a rule use the best, swan-neck regulator).
    Probably right. Thanks.

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    89

    Re: ETA 2804 Movement Question

    I have already messaged stowa asking them why my movement had the lever adjustment while the picture was screw adjustment as well. They said they only have lever ones for the 2804 and no options to choose. Also stated they have failed to update their picture stating the differences. I do prefer the screw adjustment but so far because they adjusted the movement in five positions the watch is keeping cosc specs so im going to turn a blind eye cause it just wears great on my wrist. But in the long run it'll be not as easy to regulate like the screw regulators which is kinda a bummer.

  9. #8
    Member triumphrox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    539

    Re: ETA 2804 Movement Question

    Quote Originally Posted by bbjai View Post
    I have already messaged stowa asking them why my movement had the lever adjustment while the picture was screw adjustment as well. They said they only have lever ones for the 2804 and no options to choose. Also stated they have failed to update their picture stating the differences. I do prefer the screw adjustment but so far because they adjusted the movement in five positions the watch is keeping cosc specs so im going to turn a blind eye cause it just wears great on my wrist. But in the long run it'll be not as easy to regulate like the screw regulators which is kinda a bummer.
    Interesting, and thanks for the info. I guess it's one of those things that make all this stuff so interesting.

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Malvern, PA
    Posts
    128

    Re: ETA 2804 Movement Question

    Mine looks the same also bought in 2018

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. FS: New ETA 2804 Movement
      By elconquistador in forum Watches - Books, Parts, Tools, Winders & other Accessories
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: December 24th, 2016, 17:29
    2. Replies: 303
      Last Post: September 12th, 2016, 14:46
    3. ETA-7750 movement questions...(Hamilton)
      By filmjuicer in forum Public Forum
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: October 2nd, 2009, 15:40
    4. ETA 2824-A2 movement questions.
      By Dharma_Punk in forum Public Forum
      Replies: 13
      Last Post: September 27th, 2007, 00:29
    5. What other watches using ETA 2804 movement?
      By timesignal in forum Affordable watches
      Replies: 15
      Last Post: September 1st, 2006, 19:42

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •