ETA Valgranges

Thread: ETA Valgranges

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    161

    ETA Valgranges

    What do you think about these series of automatic 16 1/2" movements by ETA?:

    http://www.valgranges.ch/

    YouTube video

    Would they suit the MO and FO?
    Last edited by ivanlt; July 11th, 2009 at 16:21.

  2. #2
    stuffler,mike
    Guest

    Re: ETA Valgranges

    Technical: Maybe. Case diameter is 41 mm, the Unitas is 36,6mm , the Valgranges ist 37,22mm. Height of the case could be a problem.
    Esthetical: NO GO ! They are automatics.

    BTW: I wouldn`t know any reason to go for automatics ?
    Last edited by stuffler,mike; July 11th, 2009 at 17:38.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    161

    Re: ETA Valgranges

    Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    Technical: Maybe. Case diameter is 41 mm, the Unitas is 36,6mm , the Valgranges ist 37,22mm. Height of the case could be a problem.
    Esthetical: NO GO ! They are automatics.

    BTW: I wouldn`t know any reason to go for automatics ?
    For any reason in particular. They are new movements by ETA more beautiful than the 2824-2 that could fit into MO's and/or FO's case.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    161

    Re: ETA Valgranges

    And the ETA Valgranges A07.161 features date and power reserve display.

    I do wonder if a date (or power reserve) complication can be added to the ETA 6497/6498 or Durowe 7440.

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    1,915

    Re: ETA Valgranges

    Quote Originally Posted by ivanlt View Post
    I do wonder if a date (or power reserve) complication can be added to the ETA 6497/6498 or Durowe 7440.
    There are 6497/8 based watches with power reserves, big dates, normal date, moon phase and probably a few other complications.

  7. #6
    stuffler,mike
    Guest

    Re: ETA Valgranges

    Quote Originally Posted by ivanlt View Post
    And the ETA Valgranges A07.161 features date and power reserve display.

    I do wonder if a date (or power reserve) complication can be added to the ETA 6497/6498 or Durowe 7440.
    Those are already around (not the Durowe).

  8. #7
    stuffler,mike
    Guest

    Re: ETA Valgranges

    Quote Originally Posted by ivanlt View Post
    For any reason in particular. They are new movements by ETA more beautiful than the 2824-2 that could fit into MO's and/or FO's case.
    In my understanding the Valgranges just have a larger plate but there is no big difference to the ETA 2824-2 or the Valjoux 7750. However the MO has to have a hw movement and up to now there is no hw Valgranges.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •