Expensive Cites Paper?

Thread: Expensive Cites Paper?

Expensive Cites Paper?

The croco strap that stowa has on their website is not allowed to ship to USA because of expensive cites paper. What does that mean? Here's a pic of strap

http://www.german-watches.com/cgi-bi...26726389-24531
    autos: Hamilton navy pioneer(sold), stowa partitio, precista prs-22, stowa airman(sold), stowa antea 365, marathon sar(sold), vostok amphibian(sold), black mako(sold), seiko 5 military, sinn 556a

quartz: maurice lacroix, swiss army field, wenger swiss military 2912x, marathon tsar, 2 mudmen, gulfman, breitling colt

hand wind: 1963 seagull chrono(sold), stowa partitio, helbros

Re: Expensive Cites Paper?

Sorry, I looked in frequently asked questions and what do you know, there it was. Does
    "cites paper" refer to government paperwork? For a strap? Can anyone explain further?
    Last edited by Doug; November 15th, 2008 at 06:39. Reason: more questions
    autos: Hamilton navy pioneer(sold), stowa partitio, precista prs-22, stowa airman(sold), stowa antea 365, marathon sar(sold), vostok amphibian(sold), black mako(sold), seiko 5 military, sinn 556a

quartz: maurice lacroix, swiss army field, wenger swiss military 2912x, marathon tsar, 2 mudmen, gulfman, breitling colt

Good morning Doug,

have a look at this homepage:

http://www.cites.org/

I think it's a reply to your question,

Volker

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    Sorry, I looked in frequently asked questions and what do you know, there it was. Does
    "cites paper" refer to government paperwork? For a strap? Can anyone explain further?
    This is to avoid traffic with animals parts, like elephant ivory and so, I guess. You can't buy out of the US, I can't buy it in the US or but I can from France or the EU (even if the alligator leather is from Florida).
    Last edited by Zoot Allures; November 15th, 2008 at 13:49. Reason: nonsense...
    Didier/Dieter
    Omega Constellation pie-pan (cal. 551, 1962)Stowa Flieger Baumuster A AutoSwatch SUJM704 day-date

Thanks guys, that definitely cleared things up. If I can't find a cheaper alternative I might bite the bullet and pay the extra $50 to pick up the strap.

Thread Information