A few questions on Airman Original straps

Thread: A few questions on Airman Original straps

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A few questions on Airman Original straps

I'm thinking of ordering both the black and brown straps when the time comes for my Airman Original to ship but I'm a bit confused. I noticed that there are two strap options listed, one being the Airman Original Strap and the other being the Old Style Stap. Does anyone have some photos comparing the two? I really like the strap that the watch comes with which I believe is the Old Style but I'm curious what the Airman Original strap looks like.

Also, Stowa list the Airman Original strap as completely closed. Does this mean that the Old Style strap isn't?

Thanks for any info you can give me and for putting up with any Stowa newbie questions I might have

Dave

stuffler,mike

Re: A few questions on Airman Original straps

This pic will tell----

http://stowa.de/shop/cgi-bin/lshop.c...32734022-25113

You see the way it is closed.

So in the picture the strap that is actually mounted on the watch is an Airman Original Strap and not the Old Style that it comes with, correct?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Yes the mounted one is the closed AO Strap. Old Style strap isn't closed.
    • Limes Klassik Vintage 1924
    • Temption CM03
    • Aviator 3105
    • Stowa Antea Creme
    • Citizen 8110 'Bullhead'
    • Rolex Datejust
    • Braun BN10

stuffler,mike

Quote Originally Posted by Wile View Post
    Yes the mounted one is the closed AO Strap. Old Style strap isn't closed.
    And I thought the picture is explanation enough

I was really asking because most of the pictures on the Stowa site show the AO mounted on the Airman Original strap, but thats not the strap that it comes with. I just want to make sure that I order the correct strap with it when the time comes.

Ask away! I understand, you're ordering something you've never seen from a company you've (probably) never dealt with before. Completely reasonable you should ask! The "correct" strap to order is the all-around cause its what would have come with a fleiger of the period. The black and brown are fine with the rivets and all, but frankly, Steinhart's equivalent is a much nicer piece of leather. The all-around is very comfortable to wear, though. Buy what you like; you can pick up more straps once you get watch in hand. Have fun!
    Casio: PAW1300-1V
    Nomos: Tangomat (Zeta), Tetra Large (Alpha)
    Rolex: Air King (ca. 1982), Cellini (c.a. 1980)
    Seiko: SNM009 White Samurai, SKX781 Orange Monster, SBDC003 Blue Sumo, SBDC005 Orange Sumo,SNKF07 "BFS", SKX007, 6306 - 7001, 6105 - 8119, 6309 - 7040, SBDX001 Marine Master 300,KS 5625-7040 Hi-Beat Chronometer, SPB015J1 Double Retrograde
    Stowa: Marine Original (Serial), Fleiger Original (Serial)
    Tutima: F2 PR

Quote Originally Posted by redbike View Post
    Ask away! I understand, you're ordering something you've never seen from a company you've (probably) never dealt with before. Completely reasonable you should ask! The "correct" strap to order is the all-around cause its what would have come with a fleiger of the period. The black and brown are fine with the rivets and all, but frankly, Steinhart's equivalent is a much nicer piece of leather. The all-around is very comfortable to wear, though. Buy what you like; you can pick up more straps once you get watch in hand. Have fun!
    Redbike,

When you refer to the 'all-around' strap, is this the 'Airman Original'?

Thanks...

frankly i'm confused about them all too. i don't really even understand what "closed" means, my guess is that the strap loops back around on itself... help! i feel like an idiot!

Quote Originally Posted by roseskunk View Post
    frankly i'm confused about them all too. i don't really even understand what "closed" means, my guess is that the strap loops back around on itself... help! i feel like an idiot!
    Here is an image off the Stowa web site which has helped me finally figure out which is which. Hopefully I'm not violating any forum rules by posting this. The one on the watch is the Old Style (closed), I believe.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information