A few questions on Airman Original straps

Thread: A few questions on Airman Original straps

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1
    Member dsena1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    421

    A few questions on Airman Original straps

    I'm thinking of ordering both the black and brown straps when the time comes for my Airman Original to ship but I'm a bit confused. I noticed that there are two strap options listed, one being the Airman Original Strap and the other being the Old Style Stap. Does anyone have some photos comparing the two? I really like the strap that the watch comes with which I believe is the Old Style but I'm curious what the Airman Original strap looks like.

    Also, Stowa list the Airman Original strap as completely closed. Does this mean that the Old Style strap isn't?

    Thanks for any info you can give me and for putting up with any Stowa newbie questions I might have

    Dave

  2. #2
    stuffler,mike
    Guest

    Re: A few questions on Airman Original straps

    This pic will tell----

    http://stowa.de/shop/cgi-bin/lshop.c...32734022-25113

    You see the way it is closed.

  3. #3
    Member dsena1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    421

    Re: A few questions on Airman Original straps

    So in the picture the strap that is actually mounted on the watch is an Airman Original Strap and not the Old Style that it comes with, correct?

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member Wile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    189

    Re: A few questions on Airman Original straps

    Yes the mounted one is the closed AO Strap. Old Style strap isn't closed.
    • Limes Klassik Vintage 1924
    • Temption CM03
    • Aviator 3105
    • Stowa Antea Creme
    • Citizen 8110 'Bullhead'
    • Rolex Datejust
    • Braun BN10

  6. #5
    stuffler,mike
    Guest

    Re: A few questions on Airman Original straps

    Quote Originally Posted by Wile View Post
    Yes the mounted one is the closed AO Strap. Old Style strap isn't closed.
    And I thought the picture is explanation enough

  7. #6
    Member dsena1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    421

    Re: A few questions on Airman Original straps

    I was really asking because most of the pictures on the Stowa site show the AO mounted on the Airman Original strap, but thats not the strap that it comes with. I just want to make sure that I order the correct strap with it when the time comes.

  8. #7
    Member redbike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    644

    Re: A few questions on Airman Original straps

    Ask away! I understand, you're ordering something you've never seen from a company you've (probably) never dealt with before. Completely reasonable you should ask! The "correct" strap to order is the all-around cause its what would have come with a fleiger of the period. The black and brown are fine with the rivets and all, but frankly, Steinhart's equivalent is a much nicer piece of leather. The all-around is very comfortable to wear, though. Buy what you like; you can pick up more straps once you get watch in hand. Have fun!
    Casio: PAW1300-1V
    Nomos: Tangomat (Zeta), Tetra Large (Alpha)
    Rolex: Air King (ca. 1982), Cellini (c.a. 1980)
    Seiko: SNM009 White Samurai, SKX781 Orange Monster, SBDC003 Blue Sumo, SBDC005 Orange Sumo,SNKF07 "BFS", SKX007, 6306 - 7001, 6105 - 8119, 6309 - 7040, SBDX001 Marine Master 300,KS 5625-7040 Hi-Beat Chronometer, SPB015J1 Double Retrograde
    Stowa: Marine Original (Serial), Fleiger Original (Serial)
    Tutima: F2 PR

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Pineapple under the sea
    Posts
    15

    Re: A few questions on Airman Original straps

    Quote Originally Posted by redbike View Post
    Ask away! I understand, you're ordering something you've never seen from a company you've (probably) never dealt with before. Completely reasonable you should ask! The "correct" strap to order is the all-around cause its what would have come with a fleiger of the period. The black and brown are fine with the rivets and all, but frankly, Steinhart's equivalent is a much nicer piece of leather. The all-around is very comfortable to wear, though. Buy what you like; you can pick up more straps once you get watch in hand. Have fun!
    Redbike,

    When you refer to the 'all-around' strap, is this the 'Airman Original'?

    Thanks...

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    890

    Re: A few questions on Airman Original straps

    frankly i'm confused about them all too. i don't really even understand what "closed" means, my guess is that the strap loops back around on itself... help! i feel like an idiot!

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Pineapple under the sea
    Posts
    15

    Re: A few questions on Airman Original straps

    Quote Originally Posted by roseskunk View Post
    frankly i'm confused about them all too. i don't really even understand what "closed" means, my guess is that the strap loops back around on itself... help! i feel like an idiot!
    Here is an image off the Stowa web site which has helped me finally figure out which is which. Hopefully I'm not violating any forum rules by posting this. The one on the watch is the Old Style (closed), I believe.
    Attached Images Attached Images


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •