First Stowa Purchase: Stowa Antea 390 vs Stowa Marine

Thread: First Stowa Purchase: Stowa Antea 390 vs Stowa Marine

First Stowa Purchase: Stowa Antea 390 vs Stowa Marine

Hi guys, i am getting ready to buy my first Stowa watch however i have a few questions. Which one should i get? I want either an Stowa Antea 390 or a Stowa Marine Automatic or Stowa Marine Original. Is it worth spending that much more for a Marine Original? Or should i just go with the Antea 390 or the Marine Automatic? Thanks. Also, if i do decide on getting the Marine Original, is the matt finish or polished finish recommended? I plan on wearing the watch everyday casually, and i don't want too many scratches on it. Thanks

Re: First Stowa Purchase: Stowa Antea 390 vs Stowa Marine

Welcome aboard! For your first of many Stowas, I'd get the MO. No particular reason, I just like them! Really, I doubt you can make a wrong decision. The Antea isn't my particular cup of tea, but I believe it would fit under a shirt easier...

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mildseven View Post
    Hi guys, i am getting ready to buy my first Stowa watch however i have a few questions. Which one should i get? I want either an Stowa Antea 390 or a Stowa Marine Automatic or Stowa Marine Original. Is it worth spending that much more for a Marine Original? Or should i just go with the Antea 390 or the Marine Automatic? Thanks. Also, if i do decide on getting the Marine Original, is the matt finish or polished finish recommended? I plan on wearing the watch everyday casually, and i don't want too many scratches on it. Thanks
    Go for the watch which attracts you most. It is up to you to decide if the Bauhaus style is more appealing to you or if it is the Marine style.

If "automatic vs. handwinding" is no issue for you and you are more attracted by the Marine style you may also consider to go for the new Marine with hw movement and silver dial. The Marine Original is worth every penny with regard to the excellent finished Unitas movement which should not be compared with the ETA 2824-2.

You can't go wrong with a Stowa either way.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

If you have to choose between the Antea and the MO, I'd recommend the MO. I own both, and would suggest that the MO is more versatile since you can dress it up or down by choosing different straps. With a nice croco strap it would go easily with business attire, or a leather strap for casual weekend wear. The Antea is a more dressy watch, IMO.

Refer to the thread below that Jorg recently posted and you can see the different "looks" that are possible with the MO.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=392969

And polished for the case...

MO all the way, although I am a little bias :p

Stowa is an awesome brand. Really it is up to you. Choose the watch that will make you the happiest!

My MO is brushed finished. And I can wear it in the office or on the weekend. Very versatile. Polished may show scratches a little more than brushed.

Thread Information